• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paint fumes- when safe?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
We're decorating Audrey (rabbit) and Max's (guinea pig) room this week, with paint and just wondering when you think it would be safe to move them back in there?

Will try and get low odour paint but if I cant just wondered what your thoughts were on this?

thanks

I can honestly say I don't know, but here's some strange ideas I found on the internet to help cut down the time!! :D

"New paint odour can be disposed of by placing a large plate filled with salt in the room."

"Disperse Paint Odour: Leave a pail of water inside a freshly-painted room and the odour should diminish considerably.

It's also said that if you add some vanilla or peppermint extract to your paint, in the ratio of 2 teaspoons to one gallon, it should help cut down on paint odour. Some say that a plate of sliced apples placed in the room you are painting will help cut down on paint odour."

Back