• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm on my own again

Twiggy

Warren Scout
Sadly our male has just lost his second girl friend and we are not sure what to do next, he's a house bun, although they always had their own cages which are next to each other which they stayed in when we were out or at night.
Now we have this problem about whether to get him another friend or shoulds we leave him on his own, we've been through some really tuff times with our female (upset tummies every eight weeks) and we're scared of having to go through this again with a new bun, i know it'll happen to our male one day but then one ill bun is better than two.
So do we set ourselfs up for more worry and upset in the future and find him a another friend or leave him on his own, now i'm feeling really guilty as we're thinking more of ourselfs than his needs.

RRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Help, please. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would say get him another friend if he is used to having one. I know it can be hard, but it would be best for him in the long run if he's used to it.

I would say get him another friend if he is used to having one. I know it can be hard, but it would be best for him in the long run if he's used to it.

I would get another bunny, a rescue can help you with the bonding process, yes it's cheaper if there is only one bun needing vet treatment but the bunny himself could be very lonely. Lucy lived by herself for 5 years and we didn't know if she would take to a boy bunny but we are so glad we have Pumpkin now and they love each other to bits!

Back