• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Molting nightmare

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I just can't keep Caramels (Angora) fur under control at the moment! Most of the time its fine but everytime she has a big molt its a nightmare! I spent hours with my mum last week getting her completely knot free and cutting the fur much shorter so that it would fall out. This week though however much I brush her it just seems to knot up. The old fur doesn't fall out and just gets tangled up its coming out in handfulls too :shock: , I was there for ages today trying to get her tangle free again (without success) :(

I clip my angs so as not to get this problem, but they still end up with half the garden on them. Holly is the worst! I'd say cut all the hair off and let it grow back over the winter, then do the same in spring, they're a nightmare to keep neat!

what would be the best clippers to get? I thought about shaving it all off but wasn't sure whether she'd get too cold :?

Back