• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

a new arrival

colliewoman

Mama Doe
hello all!
i have just taken in another bunny, but i need help with a couple of things :wink:
any guesses as to what breed she is? she is 4 month old. in one pic i have put the dustpan brush with her as a size comparison. i only ask as if she is a frenchie then i will very soon be needeing to build something different for her whilst she is here! if she isnt then she can have the 4 foot crate and run around time.
also i was told she is a friendly little thing, but right now she is in stress city :(
running up and down the sides of her cage and getting in a pickle.
in the pics you will see her 'house', now there is no way she can stay in that obviously but should i keep her in it for a little while as she is used to it? there isnt anywhere to put a hidey hole for her, or shall i just set up the dog crate but without the shelf till she is more settled?
i dont want to put the shelf in yet till she is a bit more used to me or i am going to stress her even more trying to catch her each day!
when she is all settled i think i may try and bond her with the family of 5 as she is a babby i hope this should go ok, if not this little precious will be looking for a new home.......
at the moment she is called buttons, but i think i will name her after a tree like all the others 8)
buttons002.jpg

buttons011.jpg

I think I'd be inclined to move her into the bigger accommodation straight away - she may actually associate her old cage with an unpleasant experience so I think it's better to take the 'fresh start' approach, you may find this also helps to settle her as there are new and interesting things to investigate! Would be interested to see what others think?

I think she looks like a Frenchie or a Frenchie-X

I agree with Alison (as usual!! :lol: ) and think she'd be better moved to bigger accomodation ASAP. Maybe move some of her 'old' bedding in too so as she has familiar smells around her.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
I think she looks like a Frenchie or a Frenchie-X

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock:
jane you werent supposed to say that!! she's going to be huge :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i will go and set up the dog crate..... :D

thanks to you both alison and jane :wink: xxx

I'd say a frenchie too from the ears. She also looks like she may be crossed with a long hair of some kind as she looks like she has longish hair already. She is beautiful though!

Awww what a cutie :love: , can I suggest Ebony as a name as the moment I saw her I jst thought 'Ebony', ur choice tho of course :lol:

Found this - eb‧on‧y 
–noun 1. a hard, heavy, durable wood, most highly prized when black, from various tropical trees of the genus Diospyros, as D. ebenum of southern India and Sri Lanka, used for cabinetwork, ornamental objects, etc.
2. any tree yielding such wood.
3. any of various similar woods or trees.
4. a deep, lustrous black.
–adjective 5. Also, ebon. made of ebony.
6. of a deep, lustrous black.

Back