• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The supposedly pregnant free ad bun!

Shell

Alpha Buck
I collected this poor bun on Friday afternoon

http://household.uk.freeads.net/black_and_white_frenchxdwarf_lop-311222.htm#images

She's lovely. The garden she was in must have had 30+ rabbits in it.. all in 3ft breeder hutches :cry: There was some gorgeous rabbits there. The lady asked me if I was a breeder. I said that there was far too many unwanted rabbits in rescues already without adding to the problem.

She only has one ear.. apparently mummy bun stood on her ear when she was a baby and ripped it off :? The lady said that they hadn't intended to mate her but someone let one of the pet rabbits out in the garden whilst she was running about. If she is pregnant.. she is due anytime now! There is no sign of babies yet :D

STA60008.jpg

Aw :love:

Well done for getting her :)
Does she 'seem' pregnant to you? Not that I have any ideas of what to look out for :lol:

Oh, those poor other bunns :( Is she selling/giving away all of them?

mandy said:
Aw :love:

Well done for getting her :)
Does she 'seem' pregnant to you? Not that I have any ideas of what to look out for :lol:

Oh, those poor other bunns :( Is she selling/giving away all of them?

I have no idea what to look out for either. She doesn't seem particularly fat but i don't know if they get fat when they're pregnant :?

They lady had a few other buns on free-ads that she is getting rid of. She said that she is going to concentrate on breeding her mini-lops and her husband breeds the others to show them. They had a gorgeous German lop :love: He was huge.. but unfortunately also in a 3 foot cage :cry:

aww she is just darling, looking for a new home at all?? :D :lol: :lol:

aww bless, is she lovely as in does she have a lovely personality?

sezzy5889 said:
aww she is just darling, looking for a new home at all?? :D :lol: :lol:

aww bless, is she lovely as in does she have a lovely personality?

She seems friendly enough. She comes over for a fuss when you open her hutch :D I have not tried to pick her up....I don't want to stress her incase she is pregnant.

Aww how sweet is she. :love:
Some doe's hide their pregnancy very well. Did the lady tell you when the accident happend?
You might be able to work out when she is due.

The lady put the advert on free-ads on the 3rd September and said that she was due in 2 weeks. When I went to pick the bun up the lady said that she is due any time now!

She's lovely!
Does she growl at you? Not like being picked up? Thse are the signs to look for as obv you wouldn't know if she has gotten rounder as you've only just got her! Also an increase in drinking and a loss of appetite are signs she's near kindling.

She does not want to be picked up. She struggles quite a bit. I didnt know if that was maybe because she isn't used to being handled much.

She hasn't growled at me. I tried to have a feel of her belly... not sure what i was expecting to feel :lol: ... but she wont let me touch it. She has drank absolutely loads since she has been here and has eaten quite a lot of hay but doesn't go mad for her pellets and veggies like my other buns do.

The problem is, the most obvious signs are changes, so as you've only just gotten her, you won't be able to tell. Just keep her well fed (though don't get her fat lol) until you know for sure. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Or she is overdue and can't pass the baby! It may be worth getting the vet to have a look as what happened with Crystal could be happening with her.

Back