• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a good buy?

Very Good Buy!! In case you don't know (most people do :oops:) I'm the biggest vet bed fan in the world ... love the stuff!! One thing i do when i get a new piece though is stick in in your bed and sleep on it for a night - then the buns can get used to your smell being everywhere and make them all relaxed (or i might just be in dreamworld! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: ) X

beckiboo186 said:
Very Good Buy!! In case you don't know (most people do :oops:) I'm the biggest vet bed fan in the world ... love the stuff!! One thing i do when i get a new piece though is stick in in your bed and sleep on it for a night - then the buns can get used to your smell being everywhere and make them all relaxed (or i might just be in dreamworld! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: ) X

Awww thanks for replying Becki. I think I will buy it. I will do the sleeping trick as well - will wait til b/f is on duty at work otherwise he may think I'm loopy haha. Zion is pretty chilled out with me anyway (we have mastered the picking up btw) but I am sure it will help with the other bunny when she comes :)

What exactly does vet bed do?? Is it jst easy 2 clean or is it good at insulating? Would u still use shavings & straw on the top?

Aww Glad You can Pick Zion up now hun :D Nope You Don't put hay on top ... It blocks your washing machine up! Just use that for the living area and hay or whatever in the bed part, with hay in a rack and/or litter trays too :) It's def. warm enough to use it alone in the living area in winter, it's lovely and snuggly and sooo comfy :oops: :oops: :lol: and of course soo much easier to clean out :D Any more questions, i'll happily answer :) X

It is very soft and comfy, plus it somehow manages to draw any wetness to the underside, leaving the surface totally dry. No idea how it works but does mean it's brilliant, especially for buns post-operatively, as it keeps them warm, dry and is nice and soft on their wounds :D

I brush all the hay off mine (if the wee rascles pull the hay everywhere).
But yeh I think it's good too. Very easy to wash and dry.

Back