• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Big Thankyou to Jacks Jane

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
I would just like to post an official thank you to Jane...as many of you may know, I lost Bugsy 7 weeks ago to an abscess. Jane helped me through it and helped me nurse Bugsy til the end. She was always just a phone call away, and was patient enough to listen to me cry many times. She advised me on Penicillen and its benefits and I managed to get my vet in touch with Jane's vet Christabel..... Penicillen was sent but unfortunately it was too late for Bugsy and my baby passed away.

My friend Corinna then had a terrible abscess break out in one of her young buns.... Bugsy's penicillen was used, which we only had through the advice from Jane and her persuasiveness with the vets. She has saved the life of Winnie a young black English Lop and for that Jane amongst other things I would like to give you an enormous thankyou. Your presence on this forum is invaluable. You never profess to know everything and you may not have done 7 years at Vet school, but you have learnt more through your own love of rabbits, than any vet can learn in the two days they recieve on rabbits, during their training..... you are a bunny angel. Thankyou xxxx

100_0680.jpg

Saved bunny Winnie, black one on right xxxxx There but for the grace of Jane x

[size=24]Yay!, I'll third it!!!!!!!

Jane is brilliant!

So Jane.... thank you for being there for us[/size]

Awwwwww Charlotte I am blubbing now :oops:
Any knowledge I have about bunnies has just been aquired along the way as I have encountered problems in the many Rabbits I have adopted.
I am only passing on information and am certainly no expert.

Rabbits are such fascinating animals and it is so interesting to learn about them. They always come up with a new 'challenge' in the health or behavioural department :roll: :lol: Or they wait til you THINK you have the problem sussed and then proove you HAVE NOT... :roll:

Thank-you for all your lovely comments :D

Janex

Thanks

Hi Jane,

PLEASE consider writing a Rabbit Reference book or similar - your advice is accurate and based on sound experience - don't know what we'd do without you!

You could also put in some of the wonderful and amazing things your buns get up to, and dedicate it to Jack. I think it would be the most incredibly memorial to him, and I would predict that it would become a 'set text' rabbit reference book.

Thanks for being there for all our buns,

Sue :D

Re: Thanks

Sue said:
Hi Jane,

PLEASE consider writing a Rabbit Reference book or similar - your advice is accurate and based on sound experience - don't know what we'd do without you!

You could also put in some of the wonderful and amazing things your buns get up to, and dedicate it to Jack. I think it would be the most incredibly memorial to him, and I would predict that it would become a 'set text' rabbit reference book.

Thanks for being there for all our buns,

Sue :D

I'd love to write a book(for and BY a lay-person) but unless I gave up SLEEPING altogether I'd never have time!! :lol:
Plus things are always evolving with Rabbit Health Issues. No doubt as soon as I finished the book it would be out-of-date!!
And I'd need a proof reader cos I cant SPELL :oops: :roll:

Janex

Back