• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!! Strange behaviour

I noticed this morning that smokie's litter tray absolutely smelt awful, and I do clean their trays everyday. I put them both out in their run this morning and Misty started chasing Smokie and they were becoming really aggressive with one another. Smokie had obviously been spraying whilst they were chasing one another and the smell was disgusting and he now has a wet tail with wee all over it. Please can someone tell me why they might have startd to act like this and why smokies wee is smelling so strongly?

I really don't know, he's never done this before, but his wee smells strong and he's started to spray everywhere. He's 5yrs old and neutered so I cant understand it.

It was just a thought, maybe take him to the vets to get him checked over, I hope someone else can offer you some more help :? :? :?

Hi Suzi

He may have a wee infection as its so smelly. He could be being aggressive cos he feels a bit poorly. Is he drinking his normal amount?
Eating/ pooping OK?

The other possibility is that Misty has tried to show dominance toward him by....Errrrrrhummmm, humping him :oops: :roll: This will make him want to reasert himself, hence the chasing and wee spraying. He may also be producing more 'male like' smells to try to make his point... :?

Personally I think these bunnies just like to devise strange behaviour to see if we can work out what it means.... :roll:

Janex

Thanks Ali and Jane. He is eating, pooing and drinking as normal. Misty does keep trying to jump on him and erm hump his head, which neither have done for 2yrs so I cant understand why they would start now :? . If he isn't better by this afternoon I will be taking Smokie to the vets to be checked out. What can cause a water infection??

smokiemisty said:
Thanks Ali and Jane. He is eating, pooing and drinking as normal. Misty does keep trying to jump on him and erm hump his head, which neither have done for 2yrs so I cant understand why they would start now :? . If he isn't better by this afternoon I will be taking Smokie to the vets to be checked out. What can cause a water infection??

Lots of things can cause it. Like a build up of 'sludge' in the bladder that irritates it and causes cystitis. Sounds like Smokie's problem may be behavioural rather than an infection :?

Janex

Smokie and MIsty have calmed down now and are laying next to each other. When I picked him up earlier he was so happy to get away from misty and was glad to have a hug :cry:

smokiemisty said:
Smokie and MIsty have calmed down now and are laying next to each other. When I picked him up earlier he was so happy to get away from misty and was glad to have a hug :cry:

Awwww I hope harmony is soon restored between your Buns.

Janex

Back