• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit is a TRAITOR!!!

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
:lol:

My housemate moved in today and brought his lovely girlfriend with him, and she went into my room to talk to the rabbits. 5 minutes later I walked in and she had Daisy snuggled up in her arms ON HER BACK looking utterly chilled :shock: . I have NEVER been able to get her on to her back properly for bum checks, or even to properly check her sex... she gets so stressed! I felt so bad that I'm incapable of doing it, yet someone else can just come in, pick the rabbit up and flip her over without so much as a kick or a quicker than normal nose twitch! :shock: :shock: :lol:

I know when they're "tranced out" they're often really frightened, and it always shows when I do it with the fast heart rate and the mad eyes... but she was just... laid there quite happily :shock:

Typical!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bless her :lol: I think she loves me really (she following me around 24/7 indicates that she might :lol:), I just don't have enough confidence in picking them up because I don't like the thought of stressing them too much you know. So I sort of pick them up and put them down in as quick a time as possible when I HAVE to do it :lol:.

I had this when I took Pippa to Kayj's to meet MJ. I'd told Kay how you can't pick up Pippa, even the vet couldn't, where I got her from said she wasn't used to being handled etc etc. I turn round there's Kay giving her a lovely cuddle :roll: It wasn't Pippa, it was my confidence in picking her up. I'm still not great at it and have the scratches to show it, but I'm getting better :D

I just don't have enough confidence in picking them up because I don't like the thought of stressing them too much you know. So I sort of pick them up and put them down in as quick a time as possible when I HAVE to do it

Confidence is the key. If they know you are not so confident they might wriggle.
Thats why so many kids drop their rabbits, you have to have a good hold on them (not too tight but not too slack). If the rabbit feels like it is not safe he/she might wriggle about.

When I just had Smirnoff - he went to live with my mate Steph, for a week when i went to Spain. When I got back, I went to pick him up & he was sprawled on her knee eating a carrot. He has NEVER done that with me. I was GUTTED!! :lol: She came up to my house this weekend & he went running straight over for cuddles!! It's so bizarre!! I get eyed distrustfully, even when I come in with treats! :lol:

Angie65 said:
When I just had Smirnoff - he went to live with my mate Steph, for a week when i went to Spain. When I got back, I went to pick him up & he was sprawled on her knee eating a carrot. He has NEVER done that with me. I was GUTTED!! :lol: She came up to my house this weekend & he went running straight over for cuddles!! It's so bizarre!! I get eyed distrustfully, even when I come in with treats! :lol:

Now this rabbit is a traitor!

But I think Daisy might have been scared of the stranger. She's obviously not scared of you so there's no way she's going on her back thank you very much!

Angie you mean there was a time when you just had 1 rabbit

Rabswood :D

rabswood said:
Angie65 said:

Now this rabbit is a traitor!

But I think Daisy might have been scared of the stranger. She's obviously not scared of you so there's no way she's going on her back thank you very much!

Angie you mean there was a time when you just had 1 rabbit

Rabswood :D

I got my second rabbit in Jun 1995. Really not that long ago!! :lol: I blame RU!!! :lol:

Back