• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carpet nibbling

jazzel69

New Kit
Any tips on how to stop my rabbit carpet nibbling - and why is he doing it - it isn't at an edge - it's just in the middle of the carpet! I've told him 'No' and have put a grass mat from The Hay Experts over that area which seems to be helping. Thanks

Sophie does this at times - actually Rudy has too before (And he is angellic :lol: )
What you are doing sounds right, I always think you can't stop natural behaviour so you have to kind of work around it. Putting the grass mat down is a good idea and surrounding him with lots of edible toys will stop him from nibbling - hopefully!!!

How old is he?! :)

thanks. he's a year old, but new to us, and the house. he's got a willow ball, willow ring, grass dome thing, fir cones, and several cardboard boxes at the mo. and he's taken a fancy to one of my lads wooden play knight shields!

I just wondered if it was a 'smell' thing, as it was so specific, lol. he seems to have got the hint with the mat.

Have you tried putting his food into a treat ball, so he spends more time eating? It may keep him occupied for a bit longer during the day!

Back