• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How much should a dwarf lop weigh? U/D Frida is a frenchie!

Lots of people have mentioned how big Frida, our baby lop, seems. When we took her in we were told that she was a dwarf lop but I'm not too sure. She is almost as long as our Bracken already and has massive feet. I now think she might be a dwarf french cross.

She is now 14 weeks old. I haven't weighed her lately but I will do tonight.

Can anyone tell me what weight a dwarf lop should be at 14 weeks? I have been told that a frenchie should weigh 1.9kg to 2.3kg at this age and she's not that big.

Thanks

The min weight of a dwarf lop adult is2.041 kg [ 4lb 8 ounces]
max weight adult is 2.381 [ 5lb 4 ounces.
Many people think when buying dwarf lops that there small, in truth there not the mini lpo is the smallest at max weight 4lb 5 ounces. val

I did think she was rather big - Gus is a fairly big dwarf lop and he was a lot smaller than her at the same age

I weighed her last night and she already weights 2kg! So it looks like she is more french lop than anything else. Time to change the kitchen around again so she has more room!

My Dwarf Lop X became a French Lop X at about 12 weeks, when she didn't stop growing!! She's 6 months old now & is MASSIVE :shock: :lol:

Back