• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The story of Rusty and Spike

luvabun

Warren Veteran
better make yourself a cuppa and get comfy... it's long :wink:

Rusty was brought into Greenfields as, at 7 years old, the children had tired of her :cry: . It beggars belief as she is so loving. You can pick her up at will, in fact she comes begging for nose rubs and cuddles :love: What they didn't know was that she is blind :cry: Y ou can clearly see the cataracts on her eyes. Lorna asked if I'd foster her.... oh yes please :D
rustykins003.jpg

Watching Rusty motor round the garden, it's hard to believe she's blind (and I guess the previous owners can be forgiven for not noticing).

I was already smitten and didn't want to give her up. Round at Greenfields again and I meet Spike..... one of the Oxford buns. His teeth had been like Wallys i.e. top ones curling out, round then back up into his mouth :cry: Here's a pic of him after his teeth were filed down.

DSC01112.jpg

Well he's another snuggle bun and loves cuddles :love: He has a lovely temperament and I thought he'd be perfect for Rusty... Lorna and Jamie agreed. So he was deplummed :wink: and had his front teeth removed and introduced to Rusty.

DSC01173.jpg

They hit it off immediately and there was no aggression - just a bit of chasing; weeing on :roll: and much teeth chattering :love:

So they now reside with me.... bearing in mind, for all his young life, Spike was in squalid conditions in a tiny hutch on a shelf :cry: .... look at his playfullness now. They are both an absolute joy.
DSC01164.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do

Awww I like happy endings, well done for giving these buns a lovely home - they look really happy together :D

Aaaaawwwwww Jill, what a wonderful, happy story, with its very own fairytale ending :D :D :D Rusty and Spike are a match made in Heaven, and I am delighted to hear it has all worked out so well for the bunnies (and you)
Stunning photos by the way :D :D
Love Adele and all the :bunny:

I met both these bunnies and I am so glad that they have gone to a lovely home and found each other. Great story.

raine said:
I met both these bunnies and I am so glad that they have gone to a lovely home and found each other. Great story.
Aren't they just the most trusting, loving buns :love:

Say hi to me next time you're there :D

awwwwwwwwwww Jill I am so happy reading this what a wonderful story and a wonderful life they will have with you just like the wonderful Molly did - I lurve the buns they are both stunning and they love your garden dont they! And lastly awwwwwwwwwwwwww @ Rusty having fuss :love: :love:

I feel very lucky to have these 2 loving buns... the 3 of us were out in the garden this morning and each one of them was nudging me for nose rubs :love:

It was like "Oi, it's my turn" :love:

A lovely story and gorgeous bunnies! They look very much in love, bless them.

Back