• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weld mesh half price in Wilkinsons

What is that measurment in English? :? :? :?

Did you get my PM and ring that other pub?

I saw that in wilkinsons a few weeks ago at £2.99. I thought that was good and was going to get one as we are in need of a new run.

I'm glad I didn't get it now. I'll get some on Thursday when I go into town.

Knowing my luck the offer would have finished by then. :roll: :roll:

Justine xx

snowy said:
What is that measurment in English? :? :? :?

Did you get my PM and ring that other pub?

:? :? 600 MILLIMETRES x 1.5 METRES
- im just repeating exactly what it said on the packet! Its about 2ft x 5ft I believe.

No I havent rung the pub- i said id go over next week and see if i could see him there.

Justine said:
I saw that in wilkinsons a few weeks ago at £2.99. I thought that was good and was going to get one as we are in need of a new run.

I'm glad I didn't get it now. I'll get some on Thursday when I go into town.

Knowing my luck the offer would have finished by then. :roll: :roll:

Justine xx

It looked to be in their summer clearance so will probably end when they sell out.

Ohhh they've just brought them out in my local store, great timing as I'm just in the process of costing out a new run (and this will reduce the cost loads), bought a few packs, but will have to get a pen and paper out tonight (prob a calculator too) to check that I've bought enough!

They didn't have any left when I went in. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Might go in again this week to see if they have another load in.

Justine xx

Oh yes I meant to also inform people of this. I'm in the process of finishing my bun's run that attaches to the shed.

Just done some calulations and I need to go and buy 3 more rolls!! That makes 7 in total. That's a little over £10 to bargain as far as I'm concerned. Bringing the whole run costs to just under £60 as long as my calculations aren't wrong and I don't make any mistakes! I think it's cheaper than the commercial ones I've seen.

The run will be 8ft x 4ft x 2.5ft (roughly) with the end 2ft being solid to give some shelter, it's just a run for the lawn so they get a change of scenery and to nibble the grass. Does it sound big enough? Want my bunnies to be able to hop around a bit as I can't give them free range in the garden. If it gets too large I won't be able to move it! Their hutches already have runs attached!

Willow_Warren said:
Just done some calulations and I need to go and buy 3 more rolls!! That makes 7 in total. That's a little over £10 to bargain as far as I'm concerned. Bringing the whole run costs to just under £60 as long as my calculations aren't wrong and I don't make any mistakes! I think it's cheaper than the commercial ones I've seen.

The run will be 8ft x 4ft x 2.5ft (roughly) with the end 2ft being solid to give some shelter, it's just a run for the lawn so they get a change of scenery and to nibble the grass. Does it sound big enough? Want my bunnies to be able to hop around a bit as I can't give them free range in the garden. If it gets too large I won't be able to move it! Their hutches already have runs attached!

that sounds brilliant :thumb:

The reason i brought so many is because i need to make it a walk in one, so itll be about 6ft high

are any of you using it to put on the bottom of the run to stop digging out? I have been considering this but nore sure its fair having wooden batons on the bottom for them to step over. They may not be able to do binky's etc.

Whatcah reckon?

If not, would I be able to get a whole 6x4 piece from anywhere?

ShivyRex said:
are any of you using it to put on the bottom of the run to stop digging out? I have been considering this but nore sure its fair having wooden batons on the bottom for them to step over. They may not be able to do binky's etc.

Whatcah reckon?

If not, would I be able to get a whole 6x4 piece from anywhere?

thats what i thought about the batons, so am just going to lay two pieces together and use some kind of wire ties/cabling to hold it together. I will then have turf laid over the top.

Ahhh right - yeah that makes sense. I can't lay turf on the top though, or dig out the ground to make space for turf, as I live in rented accomodation and it will be breaching my contract if I kill the grass :S :(

Anyone else got any good suggestions? Paving slabs are out as is digging out turf and putting mesh underneath.

Shiv

Back