• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just been to see Gorgeous

raven_guest

Mama Doe
The vet told my bf we could visit Gorgeous which I think is his way of saying we should come and say goodbye. We got there and whilest he doesn't seem terrible, he isn't well, he look s miserable and worn out, but still not as ill as most rabbits look in his condition. He's bloated now, I gave him a bit of a tummy rub whilest I was there and gave him a cuddle, he just looks like he's had enough now. The vet said that if it was his rabbit, he wouldn't operate on him and I agreed, so we just have to wait and see what happens. The worry was surgery would cause damage to his intestines and I want him well, not cured but with dodgey guts that could cause him more problems.
The vet says is may take a few days for the parrafin to show it's affects etc, they're just waiting for him to poop still. The nurse who showed us in was really scary, she looked like the nurse of The Catherine Tate show.
So I don't really know what's going to happen, I get the feeling the vets are suspecting the worst and it was good to see him whilest he is still with it, I've got my fingers crossed so we'll have to see. The worst part is, I'm at work all day Fri, Sat and Sun so won't be home when the vet calls.

Sorry to hear your news, can you not give the vets a work contact number. I would hope under the circumstances your work would not mind the vets ringing you.

I've only been there three days so I doubt they'd let me, plus where I work people are all over the place so I wouldn't be able to be found if they did! The bf is home tommorow thank god and my parents are home at the weekend, but they're quite useless. My bf gave the vet his mobile number so he may get through to the bf at work, they like him at his work so will let him get away with it lol.

I have four and a litter of six which are Gorgeous' babies and they could not have come at a better time. I also have 4 guineas and 4 guinea babies. Oh and the boyfriend lol.
The vet says there's no change in Gorgeous, either for the better or worse. It's driving me crazy now, I want my baby back. He is my baby of the bunch hence the name lol. I try not to say I have a favourite, but he's the one I feel closest too (though Suki is the most affectionate, I haven't spent as much time with her as I'd like (not that she's neglected) because of work and Gorgeous' illness.) It's horrible just waiting.

Back