• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfred Update

Apache

Mama Doe
Some of you may recall I posted in the rabbit care discussion about Alfred, he'd suddenly upped his water consumption after having his teeth done, and developed diarroah.

I took him to the vets a week last Tuesday, who have him baytril & panacur.

On Friday morning I though I was going to loose him, he was really quiet and hunched up in the corner of his hutch, I took him back to vet with a urine sample, the vet said that I may have to consider that he had renal failure or diabetes, neither of which they can do much for.

Big thanks to KayJ who had to put up with me sobbing down the phone, and also Jack-Jane who I PM'd for advice.

The vet rang me back Sat AM, so say the urine result was normal so really diabetes and anything serious could be ruled out, but he may just have a kidney infection. And By Sat PM Alfred seemed to be back to normal and quite perky.

He is still drinking excessively, but the vet has assured me it won't do him any harm, and as long as he is happy in himself - which he is, then not to worry.

He had dropped a bit of weight, but the diarreah (sp!) has gone, his droppings are much more normal, and he is eating v well, so hopefully he will put his weight back on soon, and him and Matilda seem very happy together. Oh and his bald patch has now completely regrown :D

What a worry they are!

Jx

Aww glad he's on the mend, Kay said he was poorly and I was hoping he'd pull through. Big hugs from MJ and Pippa to him

Flippin 'eck, they frighten the life out of you don't they,

glad he's on the mend

I am so glad Alfred is on the mend. You can cry down the phone to me anytime, thats what I'm here for . Just give Alfred & Matilda great big snuggles from me and will hopefully see them over the weekend for nail clippings :lol:

Thanks everyone :D :D

I really appreciate it, I'm just so pleased he is improving, he's still not 100% but he is getting there..

Jx

Back