• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to keep mess IN a dog crate?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
People with indoor buns, do you use anything to keep the mess/hay in the crate at all?

Only things Ive reallt thought of using is clorpolast (sp?) which seems hard to get hold of amd expensive, or small garden border fencing- seen these in wilkos but they are bright green so dont look very nice :lol:

thanks x

Should be able to get clear perspex... well any colour you like really. I guess you might find it in local DIY store otherwise try yellow pages for a company they might even have off cuts for you :)

Other option would be to use tall skirting board, though it's a little more prone to chewing ;)

Tam

Nope :lol:

Haha, I'm lucky though that soph doesn't like anything on her crate floor, so i just get bits of hay that have been pushed out.

oooh good idea on the perspex thanks :)

Loppylop, Audrey has a blanket on the bottom of her crate rather than paper but she seems to see it is her mission to push poo and hay out :lol:

yup i vouch for cardboard worked fine..
with our smaller crate it had a mattress..black with a bit of faux sheepskin at one end..it meant poo etc always on the darned floor!!
bigger crate metal tray not mattress..but to raise tray to ease getting in and out i put blocks underneath and theres a blanket in the bottom mainly but now a doggy pet matress at one end..Bif just lines the edges with cuddly toys she sleeps with since oscar died 3 weeks ago.

this is why i dont want my dog crate anymore i am fed up of the mess :lol: :lol: :lol: i got bambi a new cage at the weekend will post piccies soon :D

Back