PDA

View Full Version : How to keep mess IN a dog crate?

Azraelm
13-09-2006, 06:48 PM
People with indoor buns, do you use anything to keep the mess/hay in the crate at all?

Only things Ive reallt thought of using is clorpolast (sp?) which seems hard to get hold of amd expensive, or small garden border fencing- seen these in wilkos but they are bright green so dont look very nice :lol:

thanks x

Tamsin
13-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Should be able to get clear perspex... well any colour you like really. I guess you might find it in local DIY store otherwise try yellow pages for a company they might even have off cuts for you :)

Other option would be to use tall skirting board, though it's a little more prone to chewing ;)

Tam

loopylop
13-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Nope :lol:

Haha, I'm lucky though that soph doesn't like anything on her crate floor, so i just get bits of hay that have been pushed out.

Azraelm
13-09-2006, 07:11 PM
oooh good idea on the perspex thanks :)

Loppylop, Audrey has a blanket on the bottom of her crate rather than paper but she seems to see it is her mission to push poo and hay out :lol:

Melndan
13-09-2006, 07:28 PM
My mum put a strip of cardboard around the bottom of hers!!! Did the trick a treat! :D

purplebumble
18-09-2006, 12:32 AM
yup i vouch for cardboard worked fine..
with our smaller crate it had a mattress..black with a bit of faux sheepskin at one end..it meant poo etc always on the darned floor!!
bigger crate metal tray not mattress..but to raise tray to ease getting in and out i put blocks underneath and theres a blanket in the bottom mainly but now a doggy pet matress at one end..Bif just lines the edges with cuddly toys she sleeps with since oscar died 3 weeks ago.

BirdieBun
18-09-2006, 07:42 AM
this is why i dont want my dog crate anymore i am fed up of the mess :lol: :lol: :lol: i got bambi a new cage at the weekend will post piccies soon :D