• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Improvement in Martha's Poorly Leg

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Here is the BRC ring injury :cry: :x a few weeks ago

MiscPics143.jpg

and here it is today

MiscPics200.jpg

She only has limited use of the leg. The foot has no feeling at all. There has obviously been significant nerve damage :cry: But Martha gets about OK and is not in pain. That is the most important thing.

Janex

Awww poor Martha! Well as long as she's in no pain and is getting about ok that's good - it looks to have healed really niceley.

Well done Jane and Martha! :thumb:

Excuse me for being ignorant but what is a BRC ring and why is is used?

The leg looks nasty it's such a shame :( Amazing how quick the flesh has healed though - hope there's some hope for the nerve damage, but I don't know about these things.

Willow_Warren said:
Excuse me for being ignorant but what is a BRC ring and why is is used?

The leg looks nasty it's such a shame :( Amazing how quick the flesh has healed though - hope there's some hope for the nerve damage, but I don't know about these things.

A BRC (British Rabbit Council) Ring is what breeders put on show rabbits. I think it has an identification number for the BRC Breeder and the year of birth of the rabbit.
I HATE THE FLIPPIN' THINGS.... :x
If not carefully monitored they can cause horrible injuries... :cry:

Janex

Thanks, thought it was something like that, just seems a bit odd that anyone would use something that could cause harm :? but I'm sure that's another debate entirely!

Wow, she looks much better!!! :D I bet it feels much better too... :roll:

Looks like you are doing a good job :thumb:

Her poor leg :( I am glad it is getting better, that was a really nasty sore. She is lucky to be with you now :D ... oh yes and little Nomad!

Jack's-Jane said:
I HATE THE FLIPPIN' THINGS.... :x
If not carefully monitored they can cause horrible injuries... :cry:

Janex

These days there is no excuse for them. They could use microschips

Adam

Back