• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone want a rabbit cage?

I have one of those pets at home :oops: "Nero 3" cages that we originally used as Frida's base, then for one of our piggies. It is in fantastic condition but we no longer need it now we have built a C&C cage for piggy.

I was going to freecycle it but thought i would offer it on here first. Here's the catch though - it will have to be collected from Barnsley and it won't be available until the beginning of Oct. The lid will fold down though for putting in a car.

It is suitable as a base for a small bunny with an attached run (we have altered the door to make it top opening so Frida wouldn't hurt her legs jumping out).

If anyone wants it, please pm me.

Sarah

it's Barnsley south yorkshire

cavysrock - i know you have mentioned Tansley, i have friends there and it takes us around 1 hour 15 mins to get to theirs from our house

it's a long way from warwickshire though i'm afraid

i had thought of bunnymadhouse angie (got my bracken from there) but i didnt think she kept bunnies indoors and its only suitable for indoor use

is this the right angie? everyone in barnsley seems to be called angie

i also thought of giving it to sue in dewsbury (sues rabbit rescue where my lola & betty came from) but i have no way of getting it to them at the moment and when i emailed them it came back to me

i am more than happy to give it to any rescue if someone can take it

Angie65 may be able to use it, or Bunnymadhouse Angie who happens to be on holiday right now :)

Bunnymadhouse is in Barnsley (Angie), but they (BARC) have a minimum cage size, so might be too small? You could ask her when she gets back from her hol in a couple of weeks. I have a couple that I've used for Foster/Free ad buns, but I'm not taking any more on (EVER!!) & might be getting rid of a few myself (I have a few empty ones, but keeping them just in case we get fighting-babies before I manage to get them all neutered/spayed/re-homed)

Just read your next post :oops: I got Chocolate from Sue in Dewsbury & would be happy getting cage to them if they want it :D

Just read your next post :oops: I got Chocolate from Sue in Dewsbury & would be happy getting cage to them if they want it :D

I think Sue and Mick in Dewsbury are away on holiday until the weekend. I'm sure they would like the cage though. We have had 5 bunnies from them.

5 rabbits in one of those :shock: I won't even use them for guineas unless I hook two together :? But joined up they are very useful, and can be used for small rabbits that way too. The bendy playsticks things are great to make a bridge over the two sides.

I never joined the cage to anything but I did keep it open at all times so Frida had access to the run too. It made a good base to keep her litter tray and food etc in, and she did like to go in there to rest.

I have kept 1 older piggy in it after her friend died, obviously bigger cages would be better but I think it would be ok as a temporary measure or like you say, for a rabbit with access to run.

I have two of these cages available now as I've finished my other C&C cage for Gizmo but I've definitely got takers for them. Both going to rescues.

doorkeeper said:
5 rabbits in one of those :shock: I won't even use them for guineas unless I hook two together :? But joined up they are very useful, and can be used for small rabbits that way too. The bendy playsticks things are great to make a bridge over the two sides.

I don't think she meant 5 buns in one - I think she meant she got 5 buns from Sue :? :lol:

Interested how you fix em together though - I got a few empty ones - can i build sommat??? ooooo :D

Angie65 said:
doorkeeper said:

I don't think she meant 5 buns in one - I think she meant she got 5 buns from Sue :? :lol:

Interested how you fix em together though - I got a few empty ones - can i build sommat??? ooooo :D

Oops misread :oops: Sorry :?

To put them together you have to prise the wires clamping the top of one end of each cage to the roof apart so you can remove the end.(Or you can just unclip them and fold them up but this can be awkward. then you put them next to eachother and build a bridge. You can tie the bars of the adjoining cages together to prevent them from working their way apart as the animals run from one end to the other. As this makes a 2m long cage they can build up quite a bit of speed :D

Back