• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane, can I be cheeky.......

minilops

Alpha Buck
but can you help calm my nerves. (Please would you be kind and read my post about Poppy. I'm sitting here working myself into a state. When I rang the Vets they said Poppy is very spaced out, although she has come round from the GA. They said to ring back at about 3.30pm, but I'm such a worrier and am imagining all sorts... Jane, I've noticed you give excellent, knowledgeable advice - would you be able to put my mind at rest a bit? Thanks, Claire x :D

Hi Claire

She is bound to still be 'spaced out' as I doubt its been more than a couple of hours since her op'
She should be a lot brighter by 3.30pm. They will have her on a heat pad which will help her maintain her body temperature.
She is through the 'high risk' part and now just needs time to come round fully. I expect your Vet will have given a drug to reverse the GA (Antisedan) but it does not make a Bun hop up and binky about immediately.
We all fret when our Buns have a GA. I am sure Poppy will be much more awake when you phone back later.

Jane

Thanks so much, Jane, you're really kind! Feel better now, what you've said is complete sense, but when it's your bun you feel completely panic-stricken, don't you? Thanks again - this Forum and the people on it are BRILLIANT! Will keep you posted about Poppy. Claire x

Back