PDA

View Full Version : Jane, can I be cheeky.......

minilops
13-09-2006, 12:37 PM
but can you help calm my nerves. (Please would you be kind and read my post about Poppy. I'm sitting here working myself into a state. When I rang the Vets they said Poppy is very spaced out, although she has come round from the GA. They said to ring back at about 3.30pm, but I'm such a worrier and am imagining all sorts... Jane, I've noticed you give excellent, knowledgeable advice - would you be able to put my mind at rest a bit? Thanks, Claire x :D

Jack's-Jane
13-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Claire

She is bound to still be 'spaced out' as I doubt its been more than a couple of hours since her op'
She should be a lot brighter by 3.30pm. They will have her on a heat pad which will help her maintain her body temperature.
She is through the 'high risk' part and now just needs time to come round fully. I expect your Vet will have given a drug to reverse the GA (Antisedan) but it does not make a Bun hop up and binky about immediately.
We all fret when our Buns have a GA. I am sure Poppy will be much more awake when you phone back later.

Jane

minilops
13-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks so much, Jane, you're really kind! Feel better now, what you've said is complete sense, but when it's your bun you feel completely panic-stricken, don't you? Thanks again - this Forum and the people on it are BRILLIANT! Will keep you posted about Poppy. Claire x