• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this is to cruel for words

I clicked on it not realising it was a Peta video and watched a bit and then couldn't. I think if I do I will want to kill myself too :cry:

I've watched only 2 PETA vids, and they were both awful :cry: I think you have to see at least one to really understand, but I had my hands over my eyes the whole time :cry:

Leah xx

I am sorry but if you are going to post things like this you really should warn people what it is :shock:

I didn't watch it as I read the url first and I am not interested in seeing this kind of thing - please have a little consideration in future :wink:

Nope dont wanna watch it - I know some animals have to be tested on for cancer etc I understand that (even though it is soooo horrible). I DONT believe in testing on them for beauty/household products, this is soooo unfair. I make sure all my household products come from Tescos own make as they dont test on animals. Nasty :(

I would have thought the "this is too cruel for words" subject might have been enough to warn people of the nature of what they were about to look at :? .

the Peta one, two, three vid makes me cry, those poor animals including the rabbits who suffered just because a new make of hairspray was being made :evil: :cry:

Inimical Me said:
I would have thought the "this is too cruel for words" subject might have been enough to warn people of the nature of what they were about to look at :? .

I agree.

Sick sick sick Iams.

They were testing their vet diets not normal foods that you get in pet shops.

All vet diets have to be tested on animals before it hits the vets.

So this is Iams, Hills, Royal Canin, Pro Plan and Pedigree.

I dont like to support peta, I despise the way they go about "fighting for animal rights" ---- According to them I am *CRUEL* for housing my rats in a cage (Which btw is a manchine in their eyes)

They feel no animal should be domesticated,

They want to turn EVERYONE vegan. (I dont eat meat myself, I am not vegan, vegetarian rather, but it is not fair to think people are bad people because they eat dairy products, just like it's not fair to think people are bad people because they eat meat.)

They also support the mass-euthanasia of pit bulls.

I could go on and on......But half the things that peta says I tend to think are not authentic.

I do believe tham about Iams/Eukaneuba though, because Iams has sent out no viable proof that peta is lying.

Yet the way that peta does go about trying to force people to believe their ways, I wouldnt doubt they would make up a BS film just to turn people against something.

Camellia said:
I dont like to support peta, I despise the way they go about "fighting for animal rights" ---- According to them I am *CRUEL* for housing my rats in a cage (Which btw is a manchine in their eyes)

They feel no animal should be domesticated,

They want to turn EVERYONE vegan. (I dont eat meat myself, I am not vegan, vegetarian rather, but it is not fair to think people are bad people because they eat dairy products, just like it's not fair to think people are bad people because they eat meat.)

They also support the mass-euthanasia of pit bulls.

I could go on and on......But half the things that peta says I tend to think are not authentic.

I do believe tham about Iams/Eukaneuba though, because Iams has sent out no viable proof that peta is lying.

Yet the way that peta does go about trying to force people to believe their ways, I wouldnt doubt they would make up a BS film just to turn people against something.

I knew eventually someone would say something about Peta's ethics. I dont pretend to know all about it or them, but everytime someone says this they can never back it up with evidence, apart from propaganda anti-peta sites which would of course do this!

What reason would they have to turn someone against something, unless it was true?? :? I know for a fact that the fur trade videos and very real as I work for an anti fur trade organisation.

I think Peta in the US and Peta in the UK must be quite different, as in the Uk they do not have the constant slating.

I dont see what the difference could be, but after spending alot of time on alot of UK based forums I find that *alot* of things tend to be different from here.

Another reason I highly dislike peta *is* because of their bad rep.

The way they go about things, and push their opinions on people, has turned people who dont care about animals into thinking anyone who says anything about PETA is foolish, having no basis for anything that they say.

You say you are for animals rights, and they autmatically denounce you as a PETA supporter and you are now useless to the cause.

I know this is getting into "what other people think" , but what other people think is a HUGE thing when you are fighting for humane treatment of animals.

I've never pushed my beliefs on others, but have watched people turn into "mmmm rabbit soup" people to "yep this is my dutch, he came from the SPCA, I've litter trained him and he has full run of my house, and tries to take-over my bed everynight" people.

Had I mentionted PETA or preached "animal rights" these people would have called me foolish and wouldnt have given a second thought to anything I did or said.

I do realise PETA probably gets called down alot simply because of the way they push their personal beliefs (and sometimes extreme beliefs).

I do have articles somewhere around on my favorites lists, I will see if I can find them after I get back from my vet apmnt. (Leaving pretty quick)

This is one that really irked me though:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/08/EDGDLD4G1S1.DTL

It is about pit bulls, and how the mass-euthanasia "is good for them" ---- However they feel like putting it, they're still condemning the animals for what people are doing.

Back