• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's spay today!

minilops

Alpha Buck
Just dropped Poppy off at the vets for her spay. I feel really guilty - she just sat in the car in her carrier looking frightened. I'm terrified she won't wake up from the GA - I know I shouldn't worry as it is for the best, but does everyone else feel like this when their buns are going for neutering? I've asked the vets to ring me as soon as she wakes up, so hopefully I'll get a call by about 12 noon. Got to go to work soon (just for the morning) so I hope I can concentrate. Claire x

It's perfectly normal to feel worried, we all do. I am sure Poppy will be fine and she will just need lots of tlc afterwards. Let us know how she is later.

Awwwww yes it is normal to worry.

I'm sure Poppy will be fine. :D :D

Good luck poppy. Sending lots of positive vibes.

Justine xx

Thank you everyone! It's good to know you all understand - people that you are not obsessed with rabbits don't understand at all, do they? I've just spent an agonising morning at work (home for the day now!). Just rang the Vets and they say she's woken up OK, but is still very spaced out and has not drunk or eaten yet. I've got to ring again at about 3.30pm. I presume this is normal, has anyone's buns taken a while to be awake fully? Blimey, my heart is pounding - what stress! Thanks again! Claire x :)

I felt so guilty when Pippa was spayed, you're taking a well bunny for an operation and you know they're going to feel rough after :( However, she was absolutely fine after the first couple of days, very quiet at first and took a day or so to eat properly again. Don't worry, she'll be fine and it's for her health you're doing it. However I've said the next bun I get will already be spayed so I don't have the worry and the guilt !!

awww i'm sure she will be ok, gypsy took ages to wake up after her eye was sewn back up after the fight. sending healing vibes to poppy xx

Don't worry poppy will be OK.

I was really worried about eddie (neutered Monday)
But today he was shaking the bars on his cage cause he wanted to come out and play. I feel so guilty for not letting him out

He was eating as soon as he got home, laying down with his head on the its side, eating very slowly (he was still dopey, so cute)

Poppy came home about 4.30pm. The nurse said she had nibbled a few pellets, but hadn't done a wee or poos yet. It's now 7.30pm and she still hasn't pooed or wee'd yet. She has had some carrot tops to eat and I managed to get her to drink quite a lot by holding a saucer for her. I'm just a bit concerned about the lack of poos and wee. I know it can take time and she does seem very sleepy still, but at what point should I worry about the lack of poops and wee? Any advice appreciated!! :D

Well I have no idea of the official advice but Pippa didn't poo until the next day. She did stagger over to her litter tray for a wee in the evening. I tried not to worry and concentrated on getting her to eat and drink and was pleased when she did 2 poops the next morning! Good luck with her, hope she has a comfortable night

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I am so glad Poppy is home safe and sound :) Its a long day isnt it? Its good she is having a little to eat and drink, if shes doing that the poo should follow, just keep trying her with her fav things,
Give Poppy a nose rub from me please, and I'm sending lots and lots of healing vibes for her to get well soon xxxxxxxx :love:

Thank you Ali, that's really kind of you! Hope Bella is continuing to improve. I'm hoping for poos and wees by morning, otherwise I'll be calling the vet first thing. Claire x

minilops said:
Thank you Ali, that's really kind of you! Hope Bella is continuing to improve. I'm hoping for poos and wees by morning, otherwise I'll be calling the vet first thing. Claire x

I bet there will be poo's by the morning, ill start a poo chant!!!!!

:bunny: :bunny: POO POPPY POO, POO POPPY POO, POO POPPY POO, POO POPPY POO, POO POPPY POO, :bunny: :bunny:

Still no poo!! :shock: She has done a wee and has eaten some grated carrot and timothy hay. She has been drinking, but hasn't touched her pellets yet. I'm definitely concerned that there's no poo yet - (6.00am). The vets opens at 8.30am and if there's no poo by then I'm calling them. Any advice anyone? (I'll be asking for a metaclopromide jab and painkiller). Thanks! Claire x

HELP! No poo yet. Poppy has done a wee and has been drinking, eating grated carrot and hay. She's not touched her pellets, though. Any advice, anyone? I'm calling the Vets as soon as they open at 8.30am if no poo by then and asking for a metaclopromide jab and pain killer. Would you agree? Thanks, everyone! Claire x

Back