• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Proud mommy :D

Rexy bexy

Mama Doe
here is blackberry and with her winnings from the london show
lots of pics as she is a natual poser :D :lol:

londonbestmini1.jpg

londonbestmini2.jpg

londonbestmini3.jpg

londonbestmini4.jpg

londonbestmini5.jpg

londonbestmini6.jpg

londonbestmini7.jpg

londonbestmini8.jpg

here she is at the show on victory row
victoryrow.jpg

victoryrowbestmini.jpg

blackberry being judeged in her class
minirexaoc.jpg

And here is mowi behaving well in the discovery section
mowiatlondon.jpg

And my mom winning 2nd in the photo comp, with a picture of louis
2ndpiccompwinner.jpg

becky

may i ask you a question?

I have an otter rex too, hes about 2 years old now but his fur is looking really manky, how can i get his fur to stay nice, its sort of short in some places, long and scruffy in other, loads falling out :?
I don't think its normal, or is it?

sezzy5889 said:

I have an otter rex too, hes about 2 years old now but his fur is looking really manky, how can i get his fur to stay nice, its sort of short in some places, long and scruffy in other, loads falling out :?

Isn't he just moulting? Rexes (well, most rabbits, but rexes especially because all their fur is the same length) look really scruffy when they're moulting, bless them.

Inimical Me said:
sezzy5889 said:

Isn't he just moulting? Rexes (well, most rabbits, but rexes especially because all their fur is the same length) look really scruffy when they're moulting, bless them.

yes i would agree, sounds like she is goin though a moult most of my mini rexs are aswell and they look a right mess, jus gently pull out the loose fur and i find grooming them with one of the those hand mits does well, and once the worst of the moult is over just dampen your hand with water and rub her coat from rump up towards neck to help get out all the loose fur

becky

well if he is moulting, hes been moulting for quite a few months now :?
and it doesn't seem the right time of year to be moulting, shouldn't he be working up a winter coat now?

I must agree this pic looks slightly worse than the real thing but...

x1009055.jpg

we've had him checked for mites and lice etc, but nothing, i've tried brushing him everyday etc, nothing seems to work and i don't know what i'm doing wrong, he was soo hansome up until a year old when he got neutered, ever since its not been the same :?

They moult out their summer coat for a winter coat to come through ;).

I wouldn't worry, it's probably been this year's bizarre weather. Mine have been in a constant moult since about May (they're indoor buns, is yours an outdoor rabbit because that makes their moults even worse) because it was soooo hot so quickly they started moulting out into a summer coat... then it went cold again so they stopped moulting :lol: Then it went warm again :roll: and now it's coming up to winter :lol: . Some rabbits just have really heavy moults over a long period of time and some less so. Try not to worry too much!

I'm wishing my two would hurry up and moult into their winter coats properly though, they're looking a bit scruffy! Daisy has random tufts on her forehead where fur hasn't fully grown through yet that have been there for months :lol: .

Some fellow Rex owners (Jane has about 3 million gorgeous rexes ;)) might be able to show you pictures of their moulty buns!

ahh thank you, you put my mind at rest.

It was really worrying the other day though, i got him out of his hutch and its as if he did a fur slip, i ended up with a handful of fur, but the weird thing was it still had all the skin attached :shock:

but underneath was the most beautiful soft, short fur ever, now that bits gone scruffy like the rest :roll:

I'm no expert, but rabbit fur does tend to come out in "clumps" that are all attached at the base if you pull it out. No idea why :roll: :D .

Hopefully someone more experienced will be able to come in here soon and tell you whether I'm talking utter rubbish or not ;).

zzzz100_5141.jpg

this is him when he had just been neutered (not a happy chappy as you can see by the flying newspaper :lol: )

this is when he began to get scruffy as you can see by the Davin Beckam hair style he got goin on there :lol:

Sorry for Hijacking the thread Bex, i should move it really, well if i could :oops: :oops:

nar is fine :D he is a handsome fella, well i have a few does that look realy scruffy and can take ages sometimes for them to come bk reali nice, also with rex coats they can go funny if they get too wet, gives then a curly coat

bex

Back