• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding probs!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hiya guys....I've been having a huge problem trying to bond Coco and Zeubin.

I've been trying to bond them for the last few months...but without success :( ........ these two just aren't getting it on!

Zeubin gets very randy (which I understand is a dominance thing)...and Coco just freezes... which results in a grumpy...boardering on aggressive :shock: Zeubin..who boxes at Coco when she doesn't react to him.

I've tried both seperating them straight away when he starts..then reintroducing...but he does the same.
I've also tried leaving them for a little longer....but he just carries on...and I'm so sad for Coco, as she's terrified (which I don't want her to be, as I feel we're taking a backwards step from her confidence building)

Zeubin just seems alittle too over confident with her...and she's so placid (bless her), she just freezes up :(

Ideally she needs to box him back..then that would show him!

When she's back on her own, she's forever restless...moving her bedding, digging, throwing her toys about etc....but just seems bored on her own. I get the impression she does want a bf as company...but Zeubin is just too overpowering for her!

Techniques I've tried are:

*car journey with the both of them in the same carrier
*Coco living in a cage in my room, so they can interact through the mesh..then letting them out together.
* Zeubin living in Coco's cage, and Coco in Zeubins to try and get them used to each others smell.
* Alternating the amount of time they are together...ie splitting them up straight away when Zeubin starts to fight....and leaving them together for longer.

Zeubin still seems to have a problem with Coco...and she's absolutely terrified of him :? :(

I've tried every technique going...and for many months...but they just aren't getting on :( :( :(

I don't know what to do!

Could you try her with another male bun? Chocolate used to hate Smirnoff with a vengence. they did end up in a bonded group together eventually, but I don't think it would've worked as a pair until they were both more settled.

I know that on here a lot of people say you can bond ANY buns, & that's great if they have 100% success, but with her being so timid around him, will it do her more harm than good?

You cant really be taking any more bunns on tho can you?

Have you tried putting them in the bath?

How long do you call longer together? Ive heard some people say that after 2-4 hours they should be calming down. Could you leave them on neutral territory for a few days, with toys, food etc to distract them?

I hope something works, perhaps someone could help you bond them? A rescue maybe?
Or PM ellepotter as she seems really successful at bondings x

Well that's what I thought Angie. As you know, she was such a frightened, nervous little girl...but has really started to come round and began to trust and gain more confidence :D Being with Zeubin isn't helping her at all...and I feel is just making her take steps back in her confidence, which isn't a good thing :(

Zeubin is a very confident and strong willed little character. I don't think the two are just compatable with their characters/temperaments :(

It's a shame, as Coco is such a sweetie, and really thrives on attention! She is soooo interested in everything around her. I think she would thrive on having a bf...it's just I feel Zeubin isn't for her :? :(

Personally I would leave them together if they are not showing any real aggression towards each other i.e. lunging/biting. Bonding’s not always love at first sight and sometimes you’ve got to bite the bullet and let them get on with it. Zeubin will soon get bored of humping her if you leave them together.

Keeping on separating them will make things worse as they will never settle and work out who’s boss.

I find the trickiest bonding’s often end up the most loved up Rabbits.

Louise

yep leave them together, i know you feel sorry for Coco but once eubin has it out his system things should be ok.

My Orchid looked terrified when Little Man was humping her at 1st but I left um to it :D

Back