• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First bunny induced disaster

kitschkitty

Mama Doe
I popped into the front room and Deej followed me, we were only in there about 30 seconds when I heard him scrabbling around so i went to see what he was doing, and he's chewed my NTL phone line :no: :no: :no: - and now my phone is dead (luckily not my bunster though I could have killed him at that moment. :evil: )

I'm going to see my mum tomorrow and use her phone to call NTL, I hope they won't charge too much as my bank balance is currently empty, and I won't have any money for a week! :?

(feeling very) :cry: :cry: :cry:

doh!
Is it not a cable that has sockets at either end? (so you can just unplug it and replace it?)
(sorry - probably a dumb idea, but i don't have ntl!)

hmmm - silly me - ofcourse the buns *know*....
Maximum damage, minimum fuss :lol:

Alex rigged up terminal blocks on our phone cable where we last lived - cos it was a 20metre line! and the buns nibbled right near the socket! :roll:

I bought those cable covers from Ikea on Sunday. £2.50... worthy of any bunny mummy or daddy's money I say ;)

This happened to my phone line (twice :oops: :roll: ) - my boyfriend managed to fix it by twisting the metal wire together and putting insulating tape round. :D

Well the NTL bloke is coming on Friday, the customer service rep said it is down to the engineers discretion as to if they charge you. If they do it will be £25! :shock:

Whats most annoying is that in the front room I only have 2 cables in the whole room! The one for the phone line, and one for a radio that doesn't even work properly! trust him to have to chew the phone line!

5 months as an indoor bun with free run downstairs, and this is the first thing he's chewed! (and he spends hours unattended, but of course did this when I was in the room)! contrary bun! :roll:

My bun chewed through my internet wire! I don't get their fascination with rubber. They must think it's nutritious. :wink:

Bavarian Bunny said:
You mean you actually got through to NTL customer service???????? :shock:

This time I got through pretty quick - about 2 mins (had to take 2 buses to visit my mum to use her phone)! I have waited over half an hour before though! Still I do find their customer service people have always been very polite and friendly!

Impulse said:
My bun chewed through my internet wire! I don't get their fascination with rubber. They must think it's nutritious. :wink:

lol I heard that they automatically think they're tree roots so thy to chew and dig them up (go figure, Deej has never seen a tree root in his life) :shock: :lol:

the customer service rep said it is down to the engineers discretion as to if they charge you. If they do it will be £25!

well the way I see it is you have 2 options - 1) flirt shamelessly with the engineer, although this tends to be less effective than 2) b really sad, explain what happened, and give him the sob story, how you've just been made redundant or something and struggling so much and can't really afford it but how can u b mad with bunny as he's only company u have since partner walked out (whatever, improvise!) ......and cry, tears never fail :lol:

lucyj said:
the customer service rep said it is down to the engineers discretion as to if they charge you. If they do it will be £25!

well the way I see it is you have 2 options - 1) flirt shamelessly with the engineer, although this tends to be less effective than 2) b really sad, explain what happened, and give him the sob story, how you've just been made redundant or something and struggling so much and can't really afford it but how can u b mad with bunny as he's only company u have since partner walked out (whatever, improvise!) ......and cry, tears never fail :lol:

ooh that's a bit too near the truth! I don't have a job at the mo, and my OH moved to France (for work) a few months ago, and now I need the line fixed as I need to be able to take calls from my mum as she broke her leg today. :roll:

To top it all off Deej has been in a mood with me since I put him in his cage out of the way when he did it, and cause I and wont let him near the wire (not even in the front room at all) anymore! :oops: :roll:

Back