• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check out some of my boarders

What lovely pictures! Thank you :D

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at the person who couldn't afford to have their bun neutered. Why have a pet if you can't afford to pay vets bills :evil:

They're gorgeous!!!

There's nothing wrong with not feeding rabbit pellets though, when the diet is adjusted properly.

My adult rabbits get about 8 different fresh veggies daily, and alot of them, along with 24/7 timothy hay, and no pellets. (No salt lick either.)

They get all their nutrients from their greens without the possible side-effects of pellets, and are extremely healthy.

My babies though do have constant pellets, but will eventually be weaned onto a no-pellet diet when they are grown.

sezzy5889 said:
yeah but its the fact he just told her to feed him cabbage and grass, now correct me if i'm wrong but can't a lot of cabbage cause Diarrhoea?

Surely thats not a healthy diet :(

and anyway, he was telling her just not to feed him rabbit food at all, i'd understand if there was soemthing wrong with feeding them dried food but it just wasn't right in my eyes :(

Oh, well to me it sort of sounded like the vet was reccommending a no-pellet veggie/hay only diet....But you're right cabbage is not very good for rabbits, I dont even feed that to my guys as a treat :?

Yeah I dont like rabbit food for rabbits, too many cases where it causes bladder stones and other problems, plus all the veggies are wonderful for their hydration and digestive tract ;)

I agree about what you are saying though.....The vet sounds like a moron :roll:

Back