• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

BENJI UPDATE MONDAY

Benjiandbarney

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :) Well Benji is at the vets. took him at 9am as he was in such a state :cry: They have kept him in and I have been warned that if he doesnt get better then it is best to put him asleep so I have prepared myself for the worse! Got a call at 3pm saying that he doing ok, they've given him lots of stronger antibotics, also plan to do a blood test and hes on a drip. He's staying over night and I will hear more in the morning so fingers crossed!! Im not getting my hopes up though as the vet said he has only had a nibble of hay and still done no poos. Will keep you updated tomorrow! Claire XxX

Oh no poor Benji :cry: Has he had painkiller and a gut stimulant - might be worth ringing to double check if you're not sure. I really really hope he's ok, and big hugs for you :cry: xxx

I know how you feel hunny, my G has been at the vets for days, not eating and not pooping. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of them. Sending you hugs and sending Benji good vibes.

Awwwwwwww Claire I am speachless, don't know what to say, lets hope little Benji starts to improve overnight :love: :love:

Sending Little Benji lots and lot of healing vibes :love:

And a big cuddle for you :love:

Thank you eevrybody for your messages, I really appreciate them! I thought I was being strong again (after breaking down in front of the vet this morning :? !) but just watched a video of Benji and got myself all upset again :cry: I just hope of a miracle and that I get a call in the morning to say that he's 100% better, that would be my dream! XxX

Benjiandbarney said:
Thank you eevrybody for your messages, I really appreciate them! I thought I was being strong again (after breaking down in front of the vet this morning :? !) but just watched a video of Benji and got myself all upset again :cry: I just hope of a miracle and that I get a call in the morning to say that he's 100% better, that would be my dream! XxX

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Claire please be strong and try to think positive, I know it easy for me to say, I would be exaclty like you, but you just have to keep that little bit of hope, for Benji :love: He is in the best place getting the right care, he's a little fighter.

All my love to you and Benji xxxxxx if you want to talk pm me and ill give you my number xxxxxxxxx

Just looking at old piccies and came across this one of Benji, it's my favourite one of him - he was only a little baby when this was taken but how kute does he look :) His ears were up as well hehe!! XxX
377a-1.jpg

Benjiandbarney said:
Just looking at old piccies and came across this one of Benji, it's my favourite one of him - he was only a little baby when this was taken but how kute does he look :) His ears were up as well hehe!! XxX
377a-1.jpg

Awwwwwww thats a lovely picture Claire :love: his little cute face :love:

Evening Ali.... Thank you for the offer of calling you, I would if I could but cant stop crying at the moment so cant even speak!! :cry: . Have locked myself away upstairs for the evening :( I will try to stay positive but I am dreading the call from the vets tomorrow. Will tell you more tomorrow once I hear XxX

Benjiandbarney said:
Evening Ali.... Thank you for the offer of calling you, I would if I could but cant stop crying at the moment so cant even speak!! :cry: . Have locked myself away upstairs for the evening :( I will try to stay positive but I am dreading the call from the vets tomorrow. Will tell you more tomorrow once I hear XxX

Ok if you change your mind just pm me, I dont mind if you cry I probably will too, Its good to talk :p :p

Ali xxxxx

Back