• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ordering food & hay online..

MizzPink

New Kit
I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites I could order good quality hay and feed for guineas and buns online?
It may work out cheaper than my local pet store.. and the hay might be better quality! They won't eat the last bag I've got :(

Thanks
Hayley

Thanks. :)

Can you reccomend a bunny pellet thats good for young bunnys (8 weeks+) as well as an older one (shes 13 months)? I've only ever used Excel before.

I've been thinking about this hay thing... Recently, the quality of the hay I've been able to get my hands on is not that good and they're not really eating it.

I used to feed horses a product called Readi Grass, which was just dried grass in big bales.. Whats your opinion on feeding this in place of hay?

If you go on the Hay Experts or Bunny Basics you can get taster bags of hay... then you can see which hays they like best :thumb:

I buy all my hays and grasses from those two sites ;)

if you have a horse supplies place nearby, you can get shavings from there for a fraction on the price of what they are in pet shops, and maybe get a bale of hay too, again much cheaper.

I do give my rabbits "just grass" but only in small quantities and alongside lots of hay.

Jx

i use supreme science seclect pellets, i get a 10kg bag for £10,i have found they are the tastiest ones out of the most popular ones.

So I won't be able to just feed dried grass by itself? A guinea pig & bunny forum I used to use said this was okay.. :?

Where do you get that 10kg bag for £10 from, that sounds really good!

I'm going to visit my local wholesaler I think :)

Spacegirl said:
Why is it so cheap??? :? I just bought 10kg of SS from a CHEAP pet shop and it cost me £14!!!

I have no idea!! But it's the best you can get apparently! :shock:

Dried grass is higher in protein than hay - and lower protein is better for adult buns :wink:

I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't rate Allen & Page above Science selective - A&P is higher in fibre but it also contains molasses which I don't think is great at all, I much prefer SS and so do my buns!

i just looked at the allen and page and by the time you have paid for delivery it is £12.98 so the £6 deal is not so good really.

I would like to add a new contender into the mix here.

Due to the over whelming feedback we have had from over 300 test buns our new food will be going into full production. 10kg will cost about £12.75. With a Fibre content of 27.40% its the highest Fibre food availible in the UK. And made from only natural ingredients with NO artificial flavours or preservatives added.

Best of all its Timothy and Tall fescue Based

youngbunny2 said:
i just looked at the allen and page and by the time you have paid for delivery it is £12.98 so the £6 deal is not so good really.

Yes but it usually costs that much for only 10kg of other pellets and you get double that with A&P :wink:

I feed readigrass and hay from a local animal feeds suppliers. It costs £8 for a big bag of readigrass (I think 15kg) and £4 for a bale of really nice fresh hay. :D

I feed a pellet which is similar to SS but is made by a local company - healthy option pet foods. That costs me £11 for 11kg. It's not as high in fibre as SS but my lot eat oodles of hay so I think that's ok.

Most horse feed merchants will order in the Allen & Page pellets for you, and it is £6.45 for a 20kg sack.

My local place - Croston Cornmill do split the A&P sacks so you can buy 2kg taster bags for 90p!

Jx

Back