PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried...

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 04:16 PM

sparklefairy
11-09-2006, 04:21 PM
do you mean the nature snacks from excel? my bunnies love the nettle ones and the dandilion ones :D they are all natural and perfectly healthy :D

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 04:31 PM

beckiboo186
11-09-2006, 04:46 PM
ahh yes thats the one :)

I get paid this weekend and quite a fair amount, i have decided my first interest will be to pop over to PAH and spoil my boys rotten :lol:

Just checking out what i could get them :D

*goes off to add 'nature snacks' to the shopping list*

Why not order from the hay experts or bunny basics rather than p@h :) ?! X

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 04:52 PM

kayjay
11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
whats the difference?

They don't sell rabbits!!

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 05:45 PM

loopylop
11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Hiya, mine love them - have tried them all and they seem to like them all the same :D

beckiboo186
11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
whats that got to do with anything, i'm not going to buy a rabbit :? buying rabbit equipment isn't going to encourage them anymore to keep selling rabbits. you can buy stuff from there and still not agree with them selling animals :wink:

I don't want to go through the bother of ordering anyway, i just want to go in, buy some toys and treats and go home again, is there a problem with that??

Nope, No problem :) Just giving them money is something many of us (myself inc. as you may have guessed) refuse to give them our money. Theres a better selection online too, But the choice is yours :) As for the nature sticks, they weren't a massive hit with mine, Charlie used to eat them .. but i'd love to have known something Charlie wouldn't eat :wink: X

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM

beckiboo186
11-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks

Sorry if i ruffled any feathers, i am a new member and i don't know the do's and don'ts of this forum, i have always shopped at PAH mainly because they have good prices of big bales of sawdust and a good selection of treats, toys, and being only down the road from the place! I have NEVER bought an animal from there though and don't intend to.

Aww Don't worry about it :) We all have different opinions on what were prepared to do and not do. As long as your happy with what you do, thats fine :D X

Angie65
12-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks

Sorry if i ruffled any feathers, i am a new member and i don't know the do's and don'ts of this forum, i have always shopped at PAH mainly because they have good prices of big bales of sawdust and a good selection of treats, toys, and being only down the road from the place! I have NEVER bought an animal from there though and don't intend to.

I get bags of dust extracted shavings from a horse feed supplier. They are bigger than a Giant P@H bale & cost £3 less :wink: & Excel, is only £9.99 for a large bag, where its' £13.99 at P@H :D Get my treats from P@H though :oops: , but i don't have a credit/debit card to buy online :evil:

Snowflakes mummy
12-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Mine didnt like those nettle things -
as for buying at pets at home....
there is a new one which opened down my road - I went to criticise the way they looked after their rabbits- but there was nothing wrong evey time I have been to check on them. I think new stores have changed their policies.
Yes I do buy from pets at home, because I am not spending a fortune on post and packing and I like to take my stuff straight home.
If you want to buy at pets at home go for it....- Its whatevers convenient for you :)

Bunnysam
12-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I want to try those Excel nature sticks too :D

lucyj
12-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Not sure about the nettle treats - but at a large pet shop near me last night I discovered Hay that has Wild Roses, Peppermint, or Nettle through it. I bought the boys rose and peppermint and they LOVE it! So they're getting a treat and eating mor hay too :D

sezzy5889
12-09-2006, 05:47 PM

lucyj
12-09-2006, 05:56 PM
When i feed them tonight sezzy Ill take a look at the brand, and if there's a manufacturer on there :D

Angie65
13-09-2006, 08:53 AM
One of my buns loves ribena(discovered on his baytril course!) but isn't bothered about his hay, so I sprinkle a bit of ribena over his hay. Seems to do the trick!! I don't use it every time cos of the sugar, but he eats hay the night I do do it :oops: :D

raven_guest
13-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Mine loved pulling those excel rolls apart and peeing on them! I wasn't impressed!

cavysrock
13-09-2006, 09:15 AM
my bunnies loved them!!! but the dandilion ones gave them diahreah

Snowy
13-09-2006, 09:17 AM
whats that got to do with anything, i'm not going to buy a rabbit :? buying rabbit equipment isn't going to encourage them anymore to keep selling rabbits. you can buy stuff from there and still not agree with them selling animals :wink:

I don't want to go through the bother of ordering anyway, i just want to go in, buy some toys and treats and go home again, is there a problem with that??

There's a much better pet shop local to you, do you have transport?, I'll give you the details if you like and it's cheaper than P@H, although they don't have everything but they don't and never will sell any animals.

As you can see I am 100% against any shop selling animals and so wouldn't support them unless I really have to!!, but I also appreciate not everyone thinks like I do and people can shop where they like, if you want the other pet shop let me know

Snowy
13-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Burns do a herbal supplement that you can add to hay to encourage them to eat more, it's great

sezzy5889
13-09-2006, 06:23 PM

TRACEY
13-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes, all 4 of mine love those sticks!!! :love:

Tracey x

Snowy
13-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Obviously not interested!

lucyj
13-09-2006, 07:37 PM
HI, the Hay I have with the wild rose and peppermint throughit is made by VitaKraft and is called VitaVerde.

They also had the small bags jst of the individiual herbs that you could add 2 ur own hay, which is what i think you'v got. I thought the mixed stuff might be nicer tho as had more of a chance for hte scent/flavour to mix. It's going down a treat by the way - gave them Rose last night, and it was all gone by this morning (ununsual) and peppermint tonight. Gave them their veggies at the same time, and the spinach got ignored for the hay and that NEVER happens :lol:

Oh also, the pet shop I bought it from is just a local one, dont think its a chain, and it sells animals. I had a good inspection though and they all had roomy enclosures, nice clean bedding and water, food was Excel Junior pellets (for buns anyway) and they had some cabbage too so I think they are being pretty well cared for. Just because a pet shop sells an animal doesnt mean that it doesnt care for them first, although I agree there are those that dont....

sezzy5889
13-09-2006, 08:38 PM

sezzy5889
13-09-2006, 08:39 PM

cheekytikki
14-09-2006, 08:57 AM
i bought teegra some dandelion stick things the other week he loved them used to run up to the bars and snatch them out of my hand :shock: he would then carry them like a dog carrys a stick over to his bed and devour them.

abi and teegra
p.s the pets at homes near(ish) to me seem ok with their rabbits large high sided runs with either a hutch or a large dark box to get away, only 2 or 3 bunnies per run lots of toys a good supply of hay, rabbit pellets and water all look healthy and well cared for too, also they have fans directed into parts of the run. the rats however are in small glass tanks with a light directed over them grrrrr