• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

excess caecotrophs

Jayney

Mama Doe
i got up this morning to find quite a few excess caecotrophs in the hutch, so at this stage unsure who the culprit is. they get a small handful of excel ,plenty of hay, and veg. the veg was rocket watercress and celery.

i know some people have similar problems with excel but mine have always been fine :roll: just wondered if it could be any of the veg ive been feeding instead

I've been having similar problems in the last few days too! I haven''t cahanged anything in their diet recently but I have cut down on their veg yesterday and today... I also can't tell who the culprit is .. could be a choice of 4 :shock:

well got home tonight and one of them has had a bit of diahreoh, they've got water with probiotic in which i left this morning so they will be on just hay for now

Oooh, hope buns are ok xxx

I would have said take them right back to hay which is what youve done, hopefully they will be ok xxx

well i think the culprit was cerys as she had a little bit of a messy bum.
ive been out to check and there are some normal poos but they are quite small and they are both happily tucking into the hay.

hopefully the poos will get bigger and i can stop worrying

there were still a few this morning, and one from today in the run :roll:
so still just on hay and fingers crossed all will be ok by tomorrow

Back