• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

His Lordship Lopsley of Rex- I Need Your Input PLEASE!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Righto, Lord Lopsley is a completely bonkers Bunny :roll:
He NEVER seems to sleep and always wants to be where I am. He has a MASSIVE pen in the main room and goes out in the garden, free range, several times a day. But he just seems to want PERMANENT attention from me. If walk past his pen he throws himself at the pen panels :shock: , climbs up them, does anything to get me to pick him up.
He can see lots of other Bunnies, is never alone but is not bonded to one special Bun. The ony two single Doe's I have, Maggie and Sarah, are just too frail to cope with Lopsley's exhuberant behaviour :roll:

Obviously I am now thinking along the lines of adopting a feisty friend for him BUT I am concerned that his need for bonded company appears to be
directed toward ME and not other Bunnies. Infact he totally ignores all my Bunnies :? :roll: If I get into his pen he will throw himself at me :shock: til I pick him up. When I do he goes all cuddley and tooth purrs :love:

Does Lord Lopsley need a Lady Lopsley...... :? :?

Janex

Aww, I've got the perfect solution Jane. Send him to me, and he can decide who, out of me and Till, he wants :oops: :lol: :lol: X

beckiboo186 said:
Aww, I've got the perfect solution Jane. Send him to me, and he can decide who, out of me and Till, he wants :oops: :lol: :lol: X

Don't listen to her Jane, send him to me! :wink: :lol:

No me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly Jane, it sounds like he wants human attention more than anything. I know bunnies are social animals and need company but every rabbit is an individual and some do prefer human company to rabbit company. You could try him out with a lady friend temporarily and see what he thinks? :? Ooo maybe another velveteen lop! :wink:

bilbo said:
awwww

is lord lopsley a english lop?sorry for being a bit dumb! :oops: :lol:

He is a Velveteen Lop. A relatively new breed which is a cross between an English Lop and a Rex :D
I have no idea if INSANITY is a typical trait of the breed.... :roll: :lol:

Janex

How old is your next youngest rabbit, Jane? Could it be that because you tend to take oldie sickies, you haven't had a healthy youngster for a while and so have forgotten quite how boisterous they can be - lops in particular do seem to be especially naughty??! The problem you will have is if you get a nice boisterous healthy youngster to go with him...I suspect double trouble :lol: :lol: I forsee trashed pens and rabbits scattered! A nice placid (NON LOP!) lady might help calm him down??

Apache my horse is like that, when I go into the field, (he just goes out with my other horse Misty), he comes straight to me, if I try and go to Misty he chases her away, and he will try and "herd" me if I'm not responding to his attention.

He much better than he used to be though, if I went into her stable, and was there for longer than he thought I should be he would dig his bed up, attack the stable, anything to get my attention (I just ignored it, and refused to go in with him until he behaved nicely).

And Misty was mine for 6 years before I got his Lordship..

Jx

Blueberry muffin was just like that ....he was definatly bonded with me .
however he bonded instantly with Hope and although he still comes for cuddles and attention from me its obviously he loves his bunny wife lots . :D

I think Alison has got a point about the younger bunny. It was a shock to me too when I got my current youngsters after having had older bunnies for a while. i'd quite forgotten how inquisitive they were and how much energy they had. :lol: :lol:

my frenchie is like that she prefers human company to bunnies although she was bonded to a couple of males for a while until she deicded to pick a fight with one of them and came off worse :cry: :cry: then she chose a mini lop she was extremely bonded with until he went to the bridge, i think its trial and error maybe try him with a few differnt does and see what his reaction is????

Claude was juat like this,he was a free range bun so was always under my feet,infact he was dangerous :lol:
He bonded to miffy quite well (a few scuffles to begin with) but he still loves him mum and he is always first to the front of the pen for fuss
So maybe a friend would distract him a little :)

I do have quite a few 1.5-2 year olds and although lively and....DESTRUCTIVE :roll: they are nothing like Lopsley. He really has nothing 'rabbit like' in has character at all... :? Maybe he's not really a Rabbit :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I will have a think about it for a while longer. My intention had really been to only take in the frail oldies from Rescues from now on. But Lopsley certainly provides ME with endless entertainment. He is so funny that, even when doing something naughty, still makes me laugh!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
I do have quite a few 1.5-2 year olds and although lively and....DESTRUCTIVE :roll: they are nothing like Lopsley. He really has nothing 'rabbit like' in has character at all... :? Maybe he's not really a Rabbit :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I will have a think about it for a while longer. My intention had really been to only take in the frail oldies from Rescues from now on. But Lopsley certainly provides ME with endless entertainment. He is so funny that, even when doing something naughty, still makes me laugh!! :lol: :lol:

Janex
Yep thats defo Claude,we said we said he either thinks he is a dog,or a human,im not sure which :lol:

:lol:

Audrey is rather like this....I have never met another bun quite like her. She gets really excited when I go in the room and throws herself at me! I've always taken this to be that she is desperate for a friend and attention, rather than wanting 'me' as such tho....

Jane he obviously loves you so much.I think you're all he needs and I think we all need to now call you 'Lady Lopsley'!!! :lol: :lol:

awwwwww he :love: you!
Feel free to give him to me, if you need a break from his attention lol!!!
I have a child/dog whose technically supposed to be a rabbit , just like him! and I think they would make a good pair! (hint hint)! lol!!!

Actually if he hangs from washing lines and jumps walls, maybe it is a good idea you keep him lol!

lol Jane send him here for choco she has the cheeky Rex streak in her and follows me like a dog.
If i am unloading the shopping shes in the bags pulling things out, climbing over me to get to the fridge, in the utility looking in the washer, she loves the tesco delivery drivers............

maybe the lord thinks he is a dog lol !!

Back