• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex, the Garden Centre Rabbit-20TH SEPT-VERY SAD+Pic Added

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well, went in to see the poor old chap this morning.
On his hutch, which as always he was in :roll: :x there was a notice informing customers of his imminent 'retirement' to a home 'away from the crowds'........
I SO HOPE this is true, BUT today I noticed a MASS on Rex's belly. It was impossible to tell if it was a mat of fur without feeling it. But given that Rex is, well, a REX a mat of fur is less likely than something else..... :cry:

I really want to believe that he will be living out his old age in comfort. In a way he SHOULD have spent the last 6 YEARS... :x :cry: :x

My friend received the same response as me when she wrote to the garden centre manager expressing her concerns about Rex's welfare. Basically we were told he is perfectly well cared for and has 'regular Vet checks'.......Yeh, I am sure he does..... :roll:

Anyhows, there it is.....

Janex

Poor Poor Boy, I suppose at least if the mass on his little tum is something other than a matt, he'll be free'd of his miserable little life :cry: :cry: :cry:, on the other hand, if he is going to a new home, i so hope its the one he deserves :thumb: Xx

don't you just hate the way garden centres have started selling rabbits :evil:
our local centre is turning into a petshop, they got hamsters, budgies, Guinea-pigs and rabbits, old and young :!:

I feel so bad, i can't rescue them all, and plus i'd only be helping the business :cry:

I received a letter from the Director of the group of garden centres. She informs me Rex is going to retire to an Ex-employee who now 'works in an equestrian setting'.
I KNOW who this is. I took a Rabbit off her 6 years ago cos she 'didn't have time for her due to her horses'......... :roll:
I went into the garden cente yesterday. ALL the hutches had gone (they often had baby Buns for sale :roll: ) ......or so I thought. Rex's Hutch had been shoved further back and was covered with green tarpaulin. I assumed it was in storage. WRONG!! On lifting the tarpaulin there sat poor dear Rex :cry: I just burst into tears :oops:
He had no food and a green algae infested water bottle. He looked SO MISERABLE :cry: :cry:
I cant stop thinking about him. I didn't post this yesterday as I was just too upset to do so :cry:
I feel like doing something illegal to get him out.....
But of course two wrongs dont make a right.........ALLEGEDLY :roll: :cry:

Janex

if you know the woman who is surpose to have the rex, couldnt you go and see her and say you will have him,

I wouldnt of been able to help myself - he'd of been out tht hutch, up my jacket and away!! WHt if u explained 2 the manager about the history with this lady? (and I use the term lady loosely....) as maybe he's not aware. Mind u, if they'r happy 2 throw a tarpaulin over him and pretend like he's not thr......... :cry:

Oh how terrible!! :cry: :cry: Poor boy... I really don't see why this STUPID garden centre won't let you adopt him! :evil:

lucyj said:
I wouldnt of been able to help myself - he'd of been out tht hutch, up my jacket and away!! WHt if u explained 2 the manager about the history with this lady? (and I use the term lady loosely....) as maybe he's not aware. Mind u, if they'r happy 2 throw a tarpaulin over him and pretend like he's not thr......... :cry:

His hutch is always padlocked. They sell the padlocks in the store. So I thought if I buy one, the key might fit the one on the hutch and.........
But that would be theft wouldn't it......

Janex

This is really upsetting!! Can't we all do something together? This bunny has got to be rescued somehow - surely the RSPCA can go and get him?? I'm sure everyone has thought of that before, anyway, but there must be something we can do! Claire x

OMG :cry: The poor bun, Jane something has to be done. I think this is a job for Buns In Black or BunnyNapper's in black. They need showing up I would have to go to the papers.

Can't stop thinking about this!! Anyone got any ideas as to how we could help Jane get this bun away from this hell-hole? Something's got to be done NOW before the poor bunny suffers any more! :(

By the way that automatically bleeped out a word but it wasn't the F word! It began with H and ended with LL! Although I do feel like swearing when I think about this bunny! Help anyone!!

Perhaps the Garden Centre needs to be warned NOW that the papers will be informed... this may make them give Rex up (hopefully to Jane if she'll take him)?

Back