PDA

View Full Version : Rex, the Garden Centre Rabbit-20TH SEPT-VERY SAD+Pic Added

Jack's-Jane
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, went in to see the poor old chap this morning.
On his hutch, which as always he was in :roll: :x there was a notice informing customers of his imminent 'retirement' to a home 'away from the crowds'........
I SO HOPE this is true, BUT today I noticed a MASS on Rex's belly. It was impossible to tell if it was a mat of fur without feeling it. But given that Rex is, well, a REX a mat of fur is less likely than something else..... :cry:

I really want to believe that he will be living out his old age in comfort. In a way he SHOULD have spent the last 6 YEARS... :x :cry: :x

My friend received the same response as me when she wrote to the garden centre manager expressing her concerns about Rex's welfare. Basically we were told he is perfectly well cared for and has 'regular Vet checks'.......Yeh, I am sure he does..... :roll:

Anyhows, there it is.....

Janex

beckiboo186
10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Poor Poor Boy, I suppose at least if the mass on his little tum is something other than a matt, he'll be free'd of his miserable little life :cry: :cry: :cry:, on the other hand, if he is going to a new home, i so hope its the one he deserves :thumb: Xx

Jack's-Jane
11-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Bumpety Bump for anyone interested.... :wink:

Janex

Spacegirl
11-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Let's hope that whoever he is going to appreciates him.

sezzy5889
11-09-2006, 11:10 AM
don't you just hate the way garden centres have started selling rabbits :evil:
our local centre is turning into a petshop, they got hamsters, budgies, Guinea-pigs and rabbits, old and young :!:

I feel so bad, i can't rescue them all, and plus i'd only be helping the business :cry:

xEMMAx
11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Poor boy :cry: Really really hope he is getting a good retirement home.

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I received a letter from the Director of the group of garden centres. She informs me Rex is going to retire to an Ex-employee who now 'works in an equestrian setting'.
I KNOW who this is. I took a Rabbit off her 6 years ago cos she 'didn't have time for her due to her horses'......... :roll:
I went into the garden cente yesterday. ALL the hutches had gone (they often had baby Buns for sale :roll: ) ......or so I thought. Rex's Hutch had been shoved further back and was covered with green tarpaulin. I assumed it was in storage. WRONG!! On lifting the tarpaulin there sat poor dear Rex :cry: I just burst into tears :oops:
He had no food and a green algae infested water bottle. He looked SO MISERABLE :cry: :cry:
I cant stop thinking about him. I didn't post this yesterday as I was just too upset to do so :cry:
I feel like doing something illegal to get him out.....
But of course two wrongs dont make a right.........ALLEGEDLY :roll: :cry:

Janex

Spacegirl
19-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh no! How dreadful, no wonder you were upset! I can't think of what you could do though :(

bilbo
19-09-2006, 11:57 AM
what garden centre is it jane?i can understand why you are so upset :cry:

Ali
19-09-2006, 11:57 AM
if you know the woman who is surpose to have the rex, couldnt you go and see her and say you will have him,

lucyj
19-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I wouldnt of been able to help myself - he'd of been out tht hutch, up my jacket and away!! WHt if u explained 2 the manager about the history with this lady? (and I use the term lady loosely....) as maybe he's not aware. Mind u, if they'r happy 2 throw a tarpaulin over him and pretend like he's not thr......... :cry:

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2006, 12:00 PM
what garden centre is it jane?i can understand why you are so upset :cry:

I'll PM you :wink:

Janex

xEMMAx
19-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh how terrible!! :cry: :cry: Poor boy... I really don't see why this STUPID garden centre won't let you adopt him! :evil:

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I wouldnt of been able to help myself - he'd of been out tht hutch, up my jacket and away!! WHt if u explained 2 the manager about the history with this lady? (and I use the term lady loosely....) as maybe he's not aware. Mind u, if they'r happy 2 throw a tarpaulin over him and pretend like he's not thr......... :cry:

His hutch is always padlocked. They sell the padlocks in the store. So I thought if I buy one, the key might fit the one on the hutch and.........
But that would be theft wouldn't it......

Janex

minilops
19-09-2006, 12:20 PM
This is really upsetting!! Can't we all do something together? This bunny has got to be rescued somehow - surely the RSPCA can go and get him?? I'm sure everyone has thought of that before, anyway, but there must be something we can do! Claire x

kayj
19-09-2006, 12:25 PM
OMG :cry: The poor bun, Jane something has to be done. I think this is a job for Buns In Black or BunnyNapper's in black. They need showing up I would have to go to the papers.

minilops
19-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Can't stop thinking about this!! Anyone got any ideas as to how we could help Jane get this bun away from this hell-hole? Something's got to be done NOW before the poor bunny suffers any more! :(

minilops
19-09-2006, 12:33 PM
By the way that automatically bleeped out a word but it wasn't the F word! It began with H and ended with LL! Although I do feel like swearing when I think about this bunny! Help anyone!!

cherylwares
19-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I would def call the local papers and name and shame.

minilops
19-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Perhaps the Garden Centre needs to be warned NOW that the papers will be informed... this may make them give Rex up (hopefully to Jane if she'll take him)?

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2006, 12:50 PM
There is a very competent 'RU Agent' on the case :wink:
Cant say more but will update you as soon as more news becomes available.
No criminal action is on the agenda BTW!!

Janex

minilops
19-09-2006, 12:56 PM
FANTASTIC, Jane! Knew you wouldn't let this go! Please keep us updated as soon as you know anything and well done you! x :wink:

raven_guest
19-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Poor baby! It's nice to know that when something becomes a hassle, they just cover it up and forget about it. Scumbags. Send me, I'm in the mood for a fight, they'd be no one left to tell the police! :wink:

Gem
19-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Get the papers on the case, he needs to be got out

Good luck RU Agent!

Snowflakes mummy
19-09-2006, 03:47 PM
May the Bunny force be with you secret agent!!! we are all routing for you and the rex man!! Good luck on your mission!

Apache
19-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Fingers crossed for Rex & Jane..

Jx

kaskaskia
19-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Oh poor little bun, he needs to be bun-napped and fast!!!! Good luck RU agent. Good luck Jane!

nicole
19-09-2006, 06:46 PM
This is really sad news. Surly there is something we all can do.

colliewoman
19-09-2006, 06:54 PM
oh the poor thing :(
i will be praying to the powers that be for a happy outcome for this poor little man.
xxxxx

sparklefairy
19-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I hope our secret agent can help him, his is such a sad story :cry: :cry: :cry: if I knew where he was, and there was no legal way around it, I'm afraid I'd get him out of there some other way

Ali
19-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I hope our secret agent can help him, his is such a sad story :cry: :cry: :cry: if I knew where he was, and there was no legal way around it, I'm afraid I'd get him out of there some other way

Bolt cutters to get the lock off!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

minilops
19-09-2006, 08:01 PM
No news yet from Agent RU, then? Can't seem to get poor Rex out of my mind...if he has no food and is hidden away surely they should be prosecuted by the RSPCA anyway? We need to get him out!

cazza
19-09-2006, 08:36 PM
my husbands a locksmith - i could send him down with a black overall and balaclava to bunny nap the rex!

i do hope poor Rex can be rescued soon.

caz

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2006, 08:37 PM
RU Agent has had contact with the GS Director.
We have to play this VERY carefully, hence my inability to say much here.
I will go into the GS tomorrow morning after I have been to see Christabel with Unky A and Lord Lopsley.
I promise to update you ASAP

Janex

nicole
19-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I hope it is good news. Fingers crossed.

AliBenMummy
19-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Lots of luck for a rescue mission for the poor bun. Let us know how you get on.

xxx

minilops
20-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Good Luck Jane (with Uncle A and Lopsley too!) Can't wait to hear any news. Claire x

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2006, 06:26 AM
I am beginning to think I am not cut out for this Bunny Care.
I know no-Bun can live forever and that a Bunny gives so much during their lifetime. But OMG the pain of loss when the time comes to let them go :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unky A is stil bright and eating mushed up food. He does not appear to be in pain, although the Metacam may be responsible for that.
He is just so,so thin :cry: I dont think he can metabolise anything he eats :cry:

We are in for a difficult day here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Snowy
20-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I will go into the GS tomorrow morning after I have been to see Christabel with Unky A and Lord Lopsley.

Janex

GS?? :? :? :?

hunnybun
20-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Will be thinking of you today.

Love Kareen xx

( I am still aching from losing baby frosty :cry: )

janice
20-09-2006, 07:40 AM

Janex

Garden Centre

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2006, 07:43 AM

Janex

Garden Centre

Yep, cant spell SOWEEE :oops:

Janex

Azraelm
20-09-2006, 07:47 AM

Janex

Garden Centre

Janex

I didnt even notice you'd put GS Jane- I knew it was garden centre straight away :oops:

Hope something can be sorted out for this boy

Wizbit
20-09-2006, 08:16 AM
sorry, i have just caught up with this thread. its so awful, there must be something we can do for poor rex.... such a shame theres a lock on the hutch otherwise he could be bunnynapped.... its terrible really terrible.

Jane, will be thinking of you, good vibes to uncle A and lord lopsy.

raven_guest
20-09-2006, 09:03 AM
It never rains but it pours huh! I'm sorry you're having a bad time of it Jane, at least U A isn't in pain. I'm sure he'd rather be with you and a bit uncomfortable. You're all in my thoughts x (And rex too)

Snowy
20-09-2006, 10:32 AM

Janex

Garden Centre

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Yesterday the Garden Centre Director told someone Rex went to his retirement home 'at the end of last week'......

Funny how I have just been in to the store and taken this piccie of Rex

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/MiscPics252.jpg

:roll: :roll:

This is how he has spent the last SIX YEARS........

:cry: :cry:
:evil: :evil:
:cry: :cry:

Janex

sparklefairy
20-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh my, he's beautiful :love: like a big orange pudding. I soooooo much hope he can get out of there soon, it's so sad to think of any living creature being locked away for years without ever knowing love :cry: :cry: :cry: what a waste of a life :cry:
please keep us updated

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I will, but its going to be a lengthy process.

Janex

Hells
20-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Wow, he is stunning :love:

I hope he is allowed to live the rest of his life with more tlc...

minilops
20-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh Jane! It's heartbreaking! :( Did he have food and water today?? Is there anything else that can be done to get him out quickly? (I'm sure you would have already thought of it, if there were!) He needs to be loved and cared for, doesn't it - he's gorgeous! Please keep us posted - why won't they let you take him now? :x

raven_guest
20-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I say we all go, hold down a member of staff each whilest Jane uses the bolt cutters and pegs it with him under her arm. They're scum, I hope you name and shame once you get him out of there.

Gem
20-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I say we all go, hold down a member of staff each whilest Jane uses the bolt cutters and pegs it with him under her arm. They're scum, I hope you name and shame once you get him out of there.

I agree entirely although we'd all prob get arrested and put in jail for the next 6 years :roll:

Nicola3
20-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Jane,

How awful. Makes you wonder whether what they told you about him going to stay with an ex- employee is true. It is really difficult to know what to do as if people bombard the garden centre they are going to get rid of him asap to prevent bad publicity and it may not be for the good of the dear bunny.

As you have been on dear rexs case for a while now and they haven't relented I can't see that they would now as they may be worried about repurcussions etc and the Graden Centres 'reputation'.

I have to say that I would be extremely tempted to try that lock and bundle him under my jacket. If he's been treated like sh*t for the last 6 years I'm sure they probably wouldn't even notice he'd gone or care if he had and would probably be relieved that he wasn't their problem anymore. I wish I lived nearer............

I can't believe they are lying and hiding him under tarpaulin like a piece of rubbish. I just think if the garden centre gets bombarded about rex they will have him off the premises asap and then noone will ever know what ever became of him :cry: :cry:

I wish I could help. Have you tried the key yet Jane ? :shock:

cazza
20-09-2006, 08:19 PM
poor bunny - he looks so sad.

can we not start some sort of petition ?

is it a well known garden centre? i.e. a chain or just a local independant?

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2006, 08:23 PM
poor bunny - he looks so sad.

can we not start some sort of petition ?

is it a well known garden centre? i.e. a chain or just a local independant?

Cant say more at this stage.
Please trust me on this one.
Will report back ASAP.

Janex

cazza
20-09-2006, 08:27 PM
ok - i just had a thought had it been a large store.

i really hope you manage to get rex rescued

caz

minilops
21-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Hope things are progressing well, Jane! :wink: Claire x

lynda_m
21-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Blimey, he is very overweight :(

Poor thing.

cute_fuzzies
21-09-2006, 03:20 PM
If it's a chain of garden centres, which one?

I mean, people always name P@H on here.

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2006, 03:29 PM
If it's a chain of garden centres, which one?

I mean, people always name P@H on here.

This Garden Centre MUST NOT be named here. If it is Rex cannot be helped

Janex

minilops
22-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm sure you've got everything in hand, Jane, on this one. Wishing you LOTS of luck! x

bilbo
22-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Any updates on Rex?

Jack's-Jane
22-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Any updates on Rex?

Not yet but we remain hopeful.
I PROMISE to keep you all posted.

Janex

poppy180
22-09-2006, 05:34 PM
only just seen this thread - good luck Jane I know if anyone can sort this one out its you

sonnet
23-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Wishing you buckets of luck on this case Jane - he needs all the help he can get to get him out asap :thumb: Poor baby - no bun deserves how he's been treated :(

cazza
30-09-2006, 10:17 PM
are there any updates on Rex available?

caz

Jack's-Jane
01-10-2006, 05:46 AM
are there any updates on Rex available?

caz

Not yet. I promise to let everyone know the outcome.

Janex

Azraelm
01-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Fingers crossed for Rex x

tinymitten
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Hope that this story has a happy outcome. I have posted re a French Lop I saw in garden centre on Friday. I was so sorely tempted to buy him even though it is completely the wrong thing to so - he is not being ill treated unlike this poor chap, but the staff didn't even know what he was. I am amazed at the lack of knowledge in these places.

mimi75
03-10-2006, 09:46 AM
aww wishing you every ounce of luck-poor little chap.i cannot understand people,is there any wonder we all love animals so much when some humans never cease to disgust me.well jane im sure you and the RU agent are the best for the job :D hope unky A is better soon.x

Jack's-Jane
03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
hope unky A is better soon.x

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30819

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Rogue
17-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Any updates yet, Jane?

Jack's-Jane
17-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I have not heard any more from RU agent. Rex is no longer at the Garden Centre and we believe he is now with the ex-employee.......
Just hope he is getting proper care now.
The upside is the Garden Centre are no longer selling Rabbits :D
They still have Guinea Pigs and Hamsters though...... :cry:

Janex