• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need opinions

elaine

Mama Doe
i recently got what I thought was a french lop to live here and now I am doubting that this is what he is. He is now 22 weeks old and doesn't seem to be french lop build I have attached a photo

thump.jpg

You could ask HIM.... 'Pardon Monsieur Lapin, vous et Un 'Lop Francais', Oui...... :?

:lol: :lol:

He is STUNNING!!

:D :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
You could ask HIM.... 'Pardon Monsieur Lapin, vous et Un 'Lop Francais', Oui...... :?

:lol: :lol:

He is STUNNING!!

:D :D

Janex
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a french lop x so it's not an ideal comparison but from the photo I'd say Daisy is leaner than your bun and she has a longer nose. But I've had a quick look at some of the French lops on a google search and to be honest they're all so individual. I would say your shorter nose bun is closer to the photos I've looked at and the ears are definately French loppy!
Any help? Not a lot! :roll: :lol:

Those ears say giant. He may well grow into them. Larger rabbits take longer to mature.
He might be a cross, but so long as you didn't pay a breeder for a fancy pedigree what does it matter? He is gorgeous.

no I didn't I still love him and he will be going on the school visits as he is soooo cheeky he will get in trouble

could she be an english lop, some english lops have smaller ears instead of the ridiculously long ones they usually have, she also has the slim lined body and face of an english lop :)

We have an English at college called Hazel, and she looks rather like yours

College033.jpg

The picture doesn't to her or her ears much justice though :roll: shes rather big really

I'd say french lop.

French lops take 12 months to grow in size.....then a further 6 months to 'fill out' (ie. get chunky! :D)

His ears look definately french lop to me! :D

I would say def a french lop. At 22 weeks old he is no where near fully grown, they keep growing untill they are 18 months old so he will get alot bigger.

Back