• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch ramps or alternative. . ?

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
I'm thinking of getting a large hutch/run combo made and I want the hutch ontop or an "upper " level. Problem is that I want an alternative method to the ramp as I think my german lop will struggle with a ramp and possibly get stuck in the hole :? Does anyone have an alternative?

For many of my rabbits I simply remove the ramp and they jump through the hole. It looks like they are levitating :lol: You can start them off by putting a box under the hole to give them a half way point.

Alfie and Tuffle have a hutch with a ramp,she usually throws the ramp,so ends up jumping up and down,only Alfie hasnt work that one out,so either gets stuck upstairs or cant get down! :lol:

You can have steps rather than a ramp. You could also ask for the hole to be made longer as it meets the ramp so their was less of a squish. My buns have a platform at the top of the ramp below the hole so their isn't an angle to get squished in. It's amazing how the ooze through holes though :)

Another option would be to do the ramp in a couple of angles with a platform between so it was less steep. My ramp runs from the hutch out into the run rather than under the hutch so it's quite long.

Tam

Back