• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carpet

krista

Young Bun
Does anyone use off cuts of carpet in their rabbit enclosures, I thought it was a good idea but I have also heard that its really bad for them if they chew it ?

Krista

Yep I do, Bella and Benji love it :) :) They have never chewed it thankfully :?

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

One of my sheds has carpet in it, the other has vetbed. Both my buns love it, but none of mine chew it. If you had a bun that started to chew it, I probably would remove it as it can cause blockages if they ingest chunks of it. If you cut it and fix it into the edges, that should help stop them being able to chew at it.

I have started to buy the carpet samples 3 for a £1.00 at carper right :) :) and they are bound round the edges :) :) They fit in the bottom part of my hutch perfectly :p

Ali said:
I have started to buy the carpet samples 3 for a £1.00 at carper right :) :) and they are bound round the edges :) :) They fit in the bottom part of my hutch perfectly :p

Ali I was just about to ask you if that was carpet right samples I spied in the hutch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know them well :lol: :lol:

I didn't even notice them when I visited. :oops:

I was looking at Bella not the samples. :D :D

Justine xx

Justine said:
Ali said:

Ali I was just about to ask you if that was carpet right samples I spied in the hutch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justine xx

I only started getting them just before we went on holiday, so you wouldnt of seen them :lol: :lol: Mathew gets them for me, the money goes into the tea fund :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have carpet tiles in my playhouse. I had to take out the ones that the litter trays were on as Flipflop has a habit of going outside the tray. :?

They have never chewed the carpet luckily. If they had then I would remove it.

I've now decided to take it out and put lino down because of Flipflops toilet habits.

Justine xx

Ali said:
Justine said:
Ali said:

Justine xx

I only started getting them just before we went on holiday, so you wouldnt of seen them :lol: :lol: Mathew gets them for me, the money goes into the tea fund :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, I think the money goes in the tea fund in every store.

They used to be £1 each so they have come down in price since I had any.

Justine xx

Justine said:
I have carpet tiles in my playhouse. I had to take out the ones that the litter trays were on as Flipflop has a habit of going outside the tray. :?

I've now decided to take it out and put lino down because of Flipflops toilet habits.

Justine xx

Awwwww naughty Flipflop, The book samples are great just the right size, has Dave any going spare :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont want no funny patterend ones, the poor buns would have nightmares with a dizzy pattern :lol: :lol:
Plain and neutral is just fine :p

Ali said:
Justine said:

Justine xx

Awwwww naughty Flipflop, The book samples are great just the right size, has Dave any going spare :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont want no funny patterend ones, the poor buns would have nightmares with a dizzy pattern :lol: :lol:
Plain and neutral is just fine :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: At the moment a lot of what he has got is all over the floor in the van. They fell off the racks when he crashed.

When he gets the van back after it's fixed he will have a sort through and he might find something that is discontinued. :wink: :wink:

Justine xx

I use bathroon carpet in my Bunnie's cage. I cut it to fit so they frayed the ends off the 1st one i out in. I used duct tape to prevent them from fraying it and there hasn't been a problem since. :D It relly helps with my Rex, since their pads are so sensitive.

Back