• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrrrr! Need suggestions!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Sorry, long. . .

Humpty and Pepper were house rabbits but got moved outside because they poeed/weed everywhere and/or chewed every wire, toy and table leg they could get hold of!
They are now in a large enclosed run with a small hutch (just for shelter) and get grass run time too. BUT its only a temporary mesure as its just not warm and enclosed enough for the winter.
My plan was to get them a shed or playhouse when we moved to our new rental house. I was going to porbably get a second hand one so I could afford to get a bigger size.
BUT now the OH i smoaning that this is a terrible idea because it will be too hard to dismantle a shed and put it back together without it falling appart. Plus we will be moving AGAIN in another year or so when we will (hopefully) buy a house. So the shed will have to be moved again and he reckons this is too much trouble. HIS suggestion is to bring them in for the winter then put them back out when it gets warm again. But it was always him that moaned about all the mess and chewing!
Arghhh! Don't know what to do now.
Anyone have any bright ideas???

Could you put them in the run inside during the winter or isn't there enough room? Ours are in a hutch and run during the day then in the evening are free range when we are home to watch for any naughtiness! :?

Run is too big to go in the house (unless I put some of the chikdren in the garden. . :) ) Also I am worried about the lack of litter training re recking a rental house :?
I am now thinking that maybe I willl get a special hutch run combinaton made for them - maybe from the guy onEbay - Nic?- who did my other hutch/run
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIGANTIC-5-X-...hZ018QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
But would have to get him to make it to spec as its not big enough as it is. Pepper wouldn't fit up that ramp so I woulds have to have a better design to accomodate her. And a bigger run probably. :? :? :?

Back