• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit room set up

bexn2kids

Warren Scout
hey all after my vet trip today i was unsure where i would keep thumps but after all yr lovely post on my otherthread i have decided that thumps aint going any where i would miss him way too much , any way i have a spare room in my house which i want to convert in to a room for thumps. Do any of you have this sort of set up ?? could you maybe show me pics ?? what sort of things do you have in the room and what sort of things could i put in the room?? where would i buy things from ?? also could i put a mesh stair gate up instead of a door thanks luv becks xx

Hi!

my bun's currently in the sitting room but he used to live in a spare room/ study...

I blocked off anything he could get stuck under (like bookcases!!) or chew (phonewire) then he had a big dog crate in the corner as his base, with a dog bed & his hay & food bowls in it. (His litter tray was at the other side of the room, as he doesn't like going to the toilet near his food!!).

In the way of toys, he had a cardboard castle, some cardboard boxes & a carry case stuffed with hay for digging, 2 cardboard tubes to run through, some homemade jumps, a phone book & also wood chews & his favourite: willow ballls.

Most of his toys are home made... got untreated wood from college, also toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay are good! I've bought stuff in the past from bunnymail but now I've found a good petshop quite locally.

I don't have any pictures, sorry!

Hope that helps a little
:D

Kate & Jack xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Well you didn't need to ask me twice - :) :) _ here goes:-

MY BESTEST MATE :D
mybestmate.jpg

:? THE CARROTS MUST BE ROUND HERE SOMEWHERE
andoutIpop.jpg

ERRRRRRM WHAT TO DO NEXT
Whattodonext.jpg

MY NOSHING DEN
ZacsDen.jpg

CHILLED OR WHAT 8)
P1010007-1.jpg

Zac Loves his bedroom, he especially likes me hiding carrots in his tunnel toys. Zac has well and truely masters stairs now and comes downstairs all the time - especially for a garden romp (errrrrrr due round about now me thinks :lol: ) and he does have his fav telly programmes too :lol: :lol:

He's pretty non destructive as a house bunn although like most I need to watch him with Telephone cables etc but normally I find the more stimulation you can give them with toys and environment the better the House Bunn thing can work although I do now folks who have tried no end and still end up with shreaded sofas :shock:

Back