• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow oat hay?

nicole

Mama Doe
Has any body tried it?

I got some in the shop the other day and decided to get some for Dougal and Mhairi. (As some might know Dougal is not a hay eater)
So anyway cleaned them out last night and filled their storage box with the new oat hay, Dougal was straight in there munching away on it.

And tonight he's never been out the box been too busy eating it.

So result, found a hay he likes. I never thought I'd find a hay he really liked.

Moral of the story do not give up if your rabbit will not eat hay.

Wicked! Its all good now!
My Stud eats his hay but i think he could eat a little more.

m
xx

Ooooh yes mine love it! I'm not sure if it's slightly more fattening than some of the other hays though, as oats themselves are fattening aren't they. I keep meaning to ask but as they only get a little bit of it, I've never got round to it :lol:

I'll just look in to it just now.

Ok Oat hay Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein min 7.00%
Crude Fat min 1.50%
Crude Fiber max 32.00%
Moisture max 15.00%

Timothy hay Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein min 7.00%
Crude Fat min 1.50%
Crude Fiber max 32.00%
Moisture max 15.00%

So all in all the same.

Evo loves it! I give it to him as a treat though, he doesn't have it all the time, as I like to have something "special" to tempt him in case he ever goes off his food.

Back