• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont know what to put this under!!!!

Ali

Warren Veteran
Well here goes,
Sorry I keep asking loads of questions :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Benji had his myxi jab this morning, so I now have to wait two weeks before he can have the VHD jab, could he also be neutered and given the vaccination at the same time?? In two weeks time? or has he got to have the Vhd and wait a while then be neutered??

Thanks Ali xxxxxx

Ooh, I dunno lol. My mum's bun had his VHD two weeks ago and was de plummed yesterday but not sure if that's for any reason or not.

Sorry can't be of more help hun x

Melndan said:
Ooh, I dunno lol. My mum's bun had his VHD two weeks ago and was de plummed yesterday but not sure if that's for any reason or not.

Sorry can't be of more help hun x

Thanks Mel its ok xxxxxxxxx

I had Pippa's VHD jab done and booked her in for a spay a couple of days after that, the vet said it was no problem to do it straight away but I gave her a couple of days in case of a reaction to the jab, but she was fine.

I think you need to give a good 5 days after a vaccine before any type of procedure - otherwise the buns body will be busy mending from the neuter and fighting any infection there, instead of building up an immune response from the vaccine. To be on the safe side I'd wait at least a week after the VHD.

I've had some of mine vaccinated when they were being neutered with no i'll effects XX

Yerah I've had injections and neuter done at the same time before with no ill effects. However as Alison says you don't know if you're minimising the effectness of the vaccine having them done at the same time. Personally I would get them done seperate, I waited two weeks after Thumpers neuter before he had his jabs :D

Ok thank you for your replies, I think I will let Benji have his VHD jab in two weeks time, then get him neuated a week after that.

Then I can start bonding :p :p :p :p :p cant wait for that bit :p :p :p

Ali said:
Ok thank you for your replies, I think I will let Benji have his VHD jab in two weeks time, then get him neuated a week after that.

Then I can start bonding :p :p :p :p :p cant wait for that bit :p :p :p

Do you think i'm doing the right thing :?

Back