• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training an old bunny

I recently got Bracken from a rescue - she is 6 or 7 and has lived outdoors all her life. She's now a much-pampered house bunster. She was good at using her litter tray at rescue, but since she's come to me she is very hit and miss (so to speak) at using her litter tray.

She is kept in the kitchen in an enclosure that shares a border with Frida, our baby bunny. She tends to wee right next to the border and scatters lots of droppings there. I'm sure its a territorial thing.

I cant seperate them any further as I'll have no kitchen left! And I can't move Frida either.

I've tried moving the tray to where she wees and she just wees further along the enclosure. I've tried it half full with hay and full. I've tried using different litters but so far no luck. She will sometimes go 2 days without weeing outside her tray but then it starts again. Does anyone have any suggestions as my poor lino is really suffering.

Hi Sarah :wave:

naughty Bracken :no: you realy shouldnt do that you know . :?

Sarah could you buy one of those plastic carpet runners to put along the edge where she wees to protect your floor . they have them in morrissons for £2.99

Angie

Thanks Angie - I'll get a runner today.

Typical though - i got up this morning and no little presents for me on the lino - she must know that you are not impressed with her!

Back