• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxi and Vhd

Ali

Warren Veteran
What is the youngest age a Myxi Vaccination and a Vhd Vaccination can be given??

Sorry I cant find it I have done a search :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Myxo 6 weeks
VHD 10 weeks

If VHD HAS to be given before 10 weeks due to a CONFIRMED outbreak it MUST be repeated THREE MONTHS later to ensure an adequate immune response is achieved

:D :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Myxo 6 weeks
VHD 10 weeks

If VHD HAS to be given before 10 weeks due to a CONFIRMED outbreak it MUST be repeated THREE MONTHS later to ensure an adequate immune response is achieved

:D :D

Janex

Thank you so much Jane, I need to get Benji vaccinated, but couldnt remember how young, thanks again xxxxxxxx I will book an appointment tomorrow

Benji just been to the vets and had his first Mixi Vaccination this morning, he's not too impressed :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you Justine xxxx

After today I dont know what he thinks poor thing,

Well the vet started putting the injecion into Benji's scruff, the next min Benji was climbing up me like a parrot onto my shoulder, and he still had the needle sticking out his scruff,(the vet had let go)!!!!! I'm by now full of scratches, and poor Benji ,well I dont know!!!! :cry: :cry: I dont know if the vet hit a nerve, but it was so unlike Benji, normaly you can do any thing with him ,he is so placid, and soft, so something was wrong for him to react in this way. and the vet still had to put some of the vaccine into his ear :cry: :cry:
POOR POOR Benji :cry: :cry: I could have cried for him :cry: :cry:

Awwww poor lad. Its all done now though and he will have forgotten about the pesky needle with an equally pesky Vet attatched.... :roll:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Awwww poor lad. Its all done now though and he will have forgotten about the pesky needle with an equally pesky Vet attatched.... :roll:

Janex

Aw thanks Jane, he has to go back in two weeks to have the VHD :? :?

Back