• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding tips plz.

cassie

New Kit
Today I desided to take the plung and see if i could get my two castracted male rabbit to be friend after a year of the living side by side in seperate enclosers.. we started by putting them on the garden table they shimed quite happy together and to my surprise they more or less ignored each other one even desiding to give the other one a good wash to my amazment.. so from that i took them upstaires to the landing.. they shimed quite happy.. one starting mouting the other but from reading up about it i knew that they did that to sort out dominance but then my other rabbit had the same idea.. and from that in turned into a bit of a fight. worried that one would get hurt i seperated them and got bit in the process reading on her someone said that u should leave them unless one shimes to be getting hurt.... how long should i leave them until i break them up.. im soooo worryed about one of the getting hurt. :(

Are they in neutral territory?
If a scuffle breaks out try to let it run its course unless actual damage is being done, blood drawn etc. Fur pulling, mounting, a bit of boxing, circling etc is OK, but keep a close eye and if it is continuous then you need to break it up. Have thick gloves on or something that you can use to get in between them or you will get hurt!
The thing is that they have to work out where they stand and so its best to let them get on with it and keep them together as long as possible - so long as no one is being injured.
If you can do the bonding somewhere in the house where they can stay over night with you close by then thats the best thing.
When I bobded my first two I kept them in the kitchen (Nuetrak). I started in the morning so I had all day to watch them and I kept them there for three days to make sure they were well bonded before taking them back to where they would live (not neutral).
Hope that helps.
There are loads of threads about bonding if you use the search button at the top of the page :D

Back