• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it moulting season?

Hi all - both my buns seem to be moulting a lot, and I've noticed on the photos forum Jeremy's post about flump having a ridiculous moult.

Is it moulting season? If so, isn't it odd as its approaching autumn, surely they need their big coats on?

I've not had my buns long and have never had buns, so soz if this is a silly questions.

Ooh does that mean Jessica will get all fluffy again!!!

How odd - so do they have a summer and winter coat and an inbetween coat?

I.e. do they have to shed their summer coats in prep for winter coat?

Cool thanks.

My buns aren't long haired (well jess is a lion head, but she only has some 'fraggle' like long floaty fur inbetween her ears, everywhere else is quite short hair) does it help to brush them - do you recommend every day or once a week etc?

Yesterday I noticed Clio had started really moulting too! My Jasper only finished his other moult about a week ago, bless him :lol:
As for brushing, I have a grooming glove I use on them every day... also give them papaya and pineapple tablets to dissolve the hair in their stomach :D

My bun Poppy who is moulting madly at the moment but won't let me anywhere near her with a brush, so I have to start off by stroking her and removing some of the hair this way, then plucking at the rest :lol: :lol:

I do stroke them quite a bit to get the fluff off, I don't think Jasper will be up for brushing, he only likes stroking when it suits him!

Anyone know where I can get papaya and pineapple tablets, I've not seen them in my local petstore?

My two are moulting like craaaaazy at the moment, there is a constant supply for fluff on EVERYTHING in our house, o/h is not too impressed, especially when it is floating in his tea :lol:
Nicola x

Can you feel the diffrence between their summer and winter coats?

Dougal moulted 3-4 weeks ago and his coat is thinner!! Well not a fluffy as when I got him. Does that make sense?

nicole said:
Can you feel the diffrence between their summer and winter coats?

Dougal moulted 3-4 weeks ago and his coat is thinner!! Well not a fluffy as when I got him. Does that make sense?

Well I haven't had J and C for long enough yet but with James I could deifintely see/feel the difference! So yes, makes sense to me :lol: :lol:

my babies are only like 4 months old and wonderin when will they moult?, will they moult for the winter? are they to young?

m
xx

They should moult in time for winter, they will be very cold if not :lol: , do you have them outside? My house bunnies aren't moulting as bad as my garden bunnies. :D

They are outside bunnies, no moulting what so every from any of them. When should i start to worry? :(

m
xx

^They'll moult when it starts to get colder I imagine.

Haha, my two have had some weird summer half-moult and are looking a bit scruffy because it went sooo hot so quickly, and before the temperature dropped they hadn't finished moulting... so they just kind of stopped half way through! Can't wait until they start again and get all fluffy :lol:

I haven't seen my two fluffy yet. I can't wait. Smudge is moulting now, but has alot of fur under his chin. :lol: Honey isn't yet but won't be long no doubt!

Back