• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone tried this on their bunnies?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
I have used rabbit recovery..and recently lectade too..with my old house bun i was given propulsid syrup to take home and syringe her..swear its what saved her each time after each dental..
I was so sad at losing oscar and wondering if theres anything i should keep on standby for Biffykins..and i was recommended AVI-PRO powder to help get gut flora right..
Then i found something called protexin bio-lapis..and today a new thing..a paste thats carrot flavoured with prebiotics etc in it..
Has anyone else ever heard fo this stuff and has anyone ever used it? I know its made or marketed by nelsons veterinary medicines.
Hey im going to keep some in the cupboard anyhoo..with a few sachets of rabbir recovery..i alrady got me infacol..
i dont ever want to be in the situation i was with oscar ever ever again..but i know how sensitive bunny tummies are..BE PREPARED EH?!!

http://www.petvetcare.co.uk/acatalog/Small_Animals_Pets.html

protexin bio lapis is also a rehrdater..

protexin fibreplex is the carrot flavoured paste..

and of course can be used on piggies too..

heres one course of bio lapis..and the avi pro powder

http://www.penstone-petstore.co.uk/...s__Minerals___Probiotics_121.html&CatalogBody

just like to share..its a problem we dread and have seen for ourselves..maybe a bit of treatment till the vets are accessible would have saved oscars life..maybe not..but i like to think this stuff would help any bunny or piggy..till vet can be got to ..also in times of illness and stress..
Im getting some for biffykins..will let you know aht she makes of it..

taylor v 109 said:
I thought you couldnt get prepulsid any more? i always swore by it . val

You cant in the UK as it was a Human drug, withdrawn due to adverse reactions in HUMANS......

Vets are trying to get it re-licensed for Veterinary use as it IS more effective than Metoclopromide as it works DIRECTLY on the guts rather than, like Metoclop, on the brain and neurological 'control' of the gut

Generic name Cisapride

:D :D

Janex

Back