• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zizou is doing tricks - am I being cruel??

toffee

Mama Doe
I was watching a programme at the weekend about people who dance with their dogs in competitions and thought I would try to teach Ziz and Ted some tricks - is this mean :oops: ?

I started by offering papaya chunks to get them to stand up and then managed to get them to walk on their back legs!! now when Ziz wants a treat she stands up and dances on her back legs!!

It's really cute but is it cruel??

my buns do some really funny things :lol: , my yardstick is, if they do it themselves while they are playing, then its fun, :D they enjoy it, but if they only do it when you bribe them with food/toy etc then its probably not their natural behviour :? and I wouldnt do it.

Just my personal opinion of course, they are your pets, so you have to use your own judgement :wink:

What if they just do it by themselves to beg for treats?? I give them treats anyway but if I rattle the tub Ziz comes jumping over on 2 legs!!

Beatrix walks around on two legs too, I wouldn't worry. As sson as I go into the kitchen she comes over on two legs begging :lol:

my 2 indoor buns turn into a whirling tornado whenever they hear any kind of packet being opened, especially if they know someone is in the kitchen, its really funny :lol: :lol:

Back