• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tryin to find the right run!!

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
At the moment my buns can only go in their run when I'm home (which is most of the time) but it is a pain as it doesn't have a lid on it :?

I want to have a 'proper' run attatched to their hutch so that they can have access to it as and when they want but I can't find one the right size! :evil: I need one that is at least 2ft high so that the door will open! All the ones I've seen are only 20" high therefore no flippin good!

Guess I'm gonna end up making one myself I suppose :roll:

imsure there is someone on here who has them made by a carpenter, if you look round in your area maybe there is a carpenter who would make you exactly what you want

oh,oh,oh,oh, thats sounds really good, been lookin for a run too. Been lookin for one for a while now, thought i might have to end up makin a homemade one.

Cheers
m
xx

He got back to me really quickly and delivery would only be about 10days too!

He's quoted me £85 inc delivery for a run thats 'Height = 2ft 2in Width= 4ft 3in Length = 4ft' .... I sent him the dimensions and a pic of the hutch I want to fit it on and he's going to make it so I just have to bolt it on! :thumb:

Thanks I've looked at that one :D It's not as wide as my hutch so was hoping to get/make something a bit bigger..

Might have a go at making one myself with the wire run I've already got, hoping that I can just build a wooden frame aroundd the panels and then make a top to go on it

Sue&Sooty said:
Thanks I've looked at that one :D It's not as wide as my hutch so was hoping to get/make something a bit bigger..

Might have a go at making one myself with the wire run I've already got, hoping that I can just build a wooden frame aroundd the panels and then make a top to go on it
Thats strange,i went into pets at home last week they had it set up outside :?

Maybe they had it on the next size hutch down to mine....

I measured it when I was in there a while back and it was only about 3ft wide whereas my hutch is 4ft 5inches

*I take my tape measure with me when I go looking for runs :oops: I got some very odd looks when I went into Haskins garden centre the other day cos I was measuring all the runs!

Sue&Sooty said:
Maybe they had it on the next size hutch down to mine....

I measured it when I was in there a while back and it was only about 3ft wide whereas my hutch is 4ft 5inches

*I take my tape measure with me when I go looking for runs :oops: I got some very odd looks when I went into Haskins garden centre the other day cos I was measuring all the runs!
Yeah could of been it did look quite big though

If I mess up when trying to make my own run I may very well end up with the Fennel Fold run though :wink: They can still have one of the bottom doors open with it

I bought a fantastic run from Bracknell Rabbit Rescue 8 by 5 by 3. It folds for transportation and has a lid. I paid £100 but its stained green and has thick mesh on it. I know they are closing their rescue to relocate but if you look at their website (sorry I haven't worked out how to do links or indeed photos), they might have one read. The good thing is the funds they make goes towards rabbits, which I love.

Back