• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George gave me a fright!

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Foster bun George gave me a fright last night. I went to give him his food and he was lying really still with his eyes half closed. I really thought he had died :( I looked closer and could see him breathing slowly so i lifted him from where he was lying and he sat in the corner looking ill, i was so worried.
After 10 minutes he was still wasn't moving much and wasn't interested in food so I rang the vet and she said I'd have to take him in if I was worried.
I knew I wouldn't sleep if he was ill so I took him to see the vet. She couldn't find anything wrong with him, his temperature was normal and he hopped around the floor a bit but she gave him a gut stimulant just in case and something else which i can't remember at the moment.
Soon as I got him home he started eating so hopefully there is nothing wrong. He's acting normally this morning so I hope he's ok. I have to take him back at 1.30pm for another checkup.
Don't know if i was just panicking but he definitely wasn't right :?

Just back from the vets and he seems to be ok now, thank goodness! :D I shall be keeping a very close eye on him though!

He's fine today. Maybe i over reacted and should have left him alone for a while to see how he was but it was getting late and i didn't want to go to bed and leave him like that.
He could have had tummy ache as i had given him a little bit of dried grass which he hadn't had before so he's only on hay and science selective now! I was very worried about him! :?

Glad he is doing better. Jane had problem with readigrass and a group of her buns. Maybe with his past and what he was fed, he has trouble with change. Well done for treating him so promptly. He is a little doll. Cant wait to see more pics.

Back