• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first trip to the vets with Zion

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Well after checking Zion's bum yesterday I was alarmed to find pin worms around his bottom. Bum was squeaky clean, he was eating, pooing and weeing fine. I read on here they're not terribly harmful but can be treated.

Sooooo I took Zion to the vets today for the first time since getting him.

I had a lovely rabbit savvy vet (on the great recommendation of Nicola3) who took a look at Zion and thought he was gorgeous. She gave him a check up - everything fine. He weighs 2.2kg. She clipped his front nails and gave me some panacur for the worms.

She also asked me whether I was from the RWA as I am very knowledgable :oops: :oops: I said no and that I am a member of the RU forum and I get all my knowledge from there. So thank you guys for all your great help!!

So it was harmless and Zion was very well behaved. Wasn't too expensive either. I am glad I took him in for something relatively minor.

Just wanted to share :)

Shiv

Pin worms

Hi,

I know this is probably stating the obvious - but please be scrupilously careful with hygiene (I caught threadworms twice from my rabbits as a child - as weight loss goes it is terrific, but otherwise....it is an apalling experience!)

Aww, What a good Boy Zion was at the vets. Lovely to hear you have a good vet too!! I think the little un' deserves some special veggies for that :thumb: X

Re: Pin worms

Sue said:
Hi,

I know this is probably stating the obvious - but please be scrupilously careful with hygiene (I caught threadworms twice from my rabbits as a child - as weight loss goes it is terrific, but otherwise....it is an apalling experience!)

Oooo thanks for that! His hutch is very clean and I clean my hands with antibacterial stuff after every time I handle him but I will make sure I am more vigilant with it.

Thanks

Shiv

awww glad that he's ok, and as you say, that it was for somethin relativly minor - so you've had time 2 check the vet out, and if anythin does happen you'll have full faith in him/her

Back